PICTURE GALLERY: Saffron Walden Horticultural Society Spring Show is a blooming marvel
DAFFODILS and floral arrangements aplenty were on display at the Saffron Walden Horticultural Society’s Spring Show.
Visitors were delighted by the many varied displays of daffodils, not just yellow but of many colour combinations. The Daffodil Society Medal was awarded to Robin Crouchman for Best Daffodil in Show.
The floral arrangement – ‘Fun with a Few’ – which included bright gerbera blooms, corkscrew hazel sprigs and decorative butterflies, was won by Ruth Coe.
Mr Crouchman also trophies for most points in show and most points in Dafodil classes), while Mrs Coe picked up the trophy for most points in flower section classes.
Helen O’Neill won for most points in domestic section classes. Ken Peck picked up the Ida Hawthorn Vase for winner of class 21, while Ben Harris won the Townley Cup for winner of class 44.
You may also want to watch:
The displays of children’s exhibits included photographs of ‘A Day Out’, vegetable birds, spring flowers and decorated eggs. Danielle Kidd’s drawing of a spring lamb was judged best in the junior classes, and she was awarded the Rickett Shield. Ben and Sam Harris were jointly awarded the Scrivener Cup for the most points overall.
On the domestic table many foods were displayed including hot cross buns and Spanish Madeira cake, jars of marmalade and wine.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Saffron Hall's Come Together project starts online this month
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 Team Laptop launches to support children's learning
Almost �150 was raised for society funds. The Summer Show will be held on June 16 at Golden Acre Community Centre.