PICTURE GALLERY: Saffron Walden Horticultural Society Spring Show is a blooming marvel
DAFFODILS and floral arrangements aplenty were on display at the Saffron Walden Horticultural Society’s Spring Show.
Visitors were delighted by the many varied displays of daffodils, not just yellow but of many colour combinations. The Daffodil Society Medal was awarded to Robin Crouchman for Best Daffodil in Show.
The floral arrangement – ‘Fun with a Few’ – which included bright gerbera blooms, corkscrew hazel sprigs and decorative butterflies, was won by Ruth Coe.
Mr Crouchman also trophies for most points in show and most points in Dafodil classes), while Mrs Coe picked up the trophy for most points in flower section classes.
Helen O’Neill won for most points in domestic section classes. Ken Peck picked up the Ida Hawthorn Vase for winner of class 21, while Ben Harris won the Townley Cup for winner of class 44.
You may also want to watch:
The displays of children’s exhibits included photographs of ‘A Day Out’, vegetable birds, spring flowers and decorated eggs. Danielle Kidd’s drawing of a spring lamb was judged best in the junior classes, and she was awarded the Rickett Shield. Ben and Sam Harris were jointly awarded the Scrivener Cup for the most points overall.
On the domestic table many foods were displayed including hot cross buns and Spanish Madeira cake, jars of marmalade and wine.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 6 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 7 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
Almost �150 was raised for society funds. The Summer Show will be held on June 16 at Golden Acre Community Centre.