Picture gallery: Saffron Walden named among the Sunday Times’s 101 ‘Best Places to Live in Britain’
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden has been named in the top 101 ‘Best Places to Live in Britain’ by The Sunday Times.
It was one of 11 East Anglia towns to make it into the guide, which will be featured in part one of the newspaper’s annual Best Places To Live supplement on Sunday (March 16).
The guide combines data and statistics such as crime rates, house prices and school performance with the local knowledge and expertise of the newspaper’s writers to compile the definitive top 101 best locations to make your home.
The areas were selected for offering the best quality of life to the widest number of people, and combining desirable features such as a positive community spirit, good local shops and services and attractive outdoor spaces.
Home editor Helen Davies said: “The Best Places guide is dedicated to celebrating Britain’s abundance of great cities, towns and villages.
You may also want to watch:
“We combine in-depth data with first-hand personal experience to produce an authoritative list. There are lots of places across Britain that are worth celebrating, and everyone has different priorities, so this year our supplements cover everything from the countryside to inner-cities.”
Part two of the guide is published with The Sunday Times on Sunday, March 23, and will focus on an A-Z of Britain’s cities, as well as guides to the best places to live if you want to be near good schools or the great outdoors.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime
This year has also seen the launch of a digital quiz to help users narrow down their own best place to live.