Picture gallery: Saffron Walden’s 11th Late Night Shopping event is the ‘best yet’
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden’s annual Late Night Shopping festive extravaganza has been described as the “best yet” by organisers.
Friday’s event, the 11th put on by the Saffron Walden Initiative, saw hundreds of shoppers soak up the seasonal atmosphere, taking advantage of the many charity and market stalls, and the extra opening hours of the town’s shops.
Peter Riding, chairman of the organisation, said: “I felt it was the best yet.
“The weather was kind, the atmosphere relaxed and happy, the charity stalls had a brilliant evening and the market stalls did good business.
“Also, the shops made an extra special effort.
You may also want to watch:
“The Christmas lights were the best I have seen and there was an excellent Christmas gift fair in the town hall.”
The Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company supplied the carol singing, the Round Table delivered Father Christmas and his sleigh and the Juggle Brothers provided street entertainment with glow juggling and walking on stilts.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Mr Riding gave special thanks to town council staff, local police and the Tourist Information Centre which dealt with the stall bookings beforehand.