Picture gallery: Saffron Walden’s 11th Late Night Shopping event is the ‘best yet’
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden’s annual Late Night Shopping festive extravaganza has been described as the “best yet” by organisers.
Friday’s event, the 11th put on by the Saffron Walden Initiative, saw hundreds of shoppers soak up the seasonal atmosphere, taking advantage of the many charity and market stalls, and the extra opening hours of the town’s shops.
Peter Riding, chairman of the organisation, said: “I felt it was the best yet.
“The weather was kind, the atmosphere relaxed and happy, the charity stalls had a brilliant evening and the market stalls did good business.
“Also, the shops made an extra special effort.
“The Christmas lights were the best I have seen and there was an excellent Christmas gift fair in the town hall.”
The Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company supplied the carol singing, the Round Table delivered Father Christmas and his sleigh and the Juggle Brothers provided street entertainment with glow juggling and walking on stilts.
- 1 Delayed 350 homes development approved
- 2 Flashmob choir, free lessons: Latest Ukraine support
- 3 Scammer conned North Essex man out of £6,000
- 4 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 6 Could you be named the Essex Young Musician of the Year?
- 7 Suffocating plants to be stripped out: Jubilee Pond makeover
- 8 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 9 Extra trains to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for Betfred Challenge Cup final
- 10 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
Mr Riding gave special thanks to town council staff, local police and the Tourist Information Centre which dealt with the stall bookings beforehand.