Picture gallery: Saffron Walden’s 11th Late Night Shopping event is the ‘best yet’
- Credit: Archant
Saffron Walden’s annual Late Night Shopping festive extravaganza has been described as the “best yet” by organisers.
Friday’s event, the 11th put on by the Saffron Walden Initiative, saw hundreds of shoppers soak up the seasonal atmosphere, taking advantage of the many charity and market stalls, and the extra opening hours of the town’s shops.
Peter Riding, chairman of the organisation, said: “I felt it was the best yet.
“The weather was kind, the atmosphere relaxed and happy, the charity stalls had a brilliant evening and the market stalls did good business.
“Also, the shops made an extra special effort.
You may also want to watch:
“The Christmas lights were the best I have seen and there was an excellent Christmas gift fair in the town hall.”
The Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company supplied the carol singing, the Round Table delivered Father Christmas and his sleigh and the Juggle Brothers provided street entertainment with glow juggling and walking on stilts.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Follow the Yellow Brick Road to Saffron Hall this Christmas for magical The Wizard of Oz pantomime
Mr Riding gave special thanks to town council staff, local police and the Tourist Information Centre which dealt with the stall bookings beforehand.