PICTURE GALLERY: Saffron Walden schoolchildren fund-raise for Children in Need
PRIMARY school children in Saffron Walden have today (Friday November 16) hosted a range of money-spinning activities for Children in Need.
Over 220 boys and girls at the RA Butler Academy infant school took part in a highly energetic and fun Yoga Marathon. They also combined this with the Blue Peter suggestion for this annual event, by completing their yoga in their pyjamas!
Led by youga teacher Emma Stevens, the children acted out fairy tale stories using 40 different yoga poses, sang songs and learnt how to relax.
Children at St Thomas More Primary School had a non-school uniform day and held a range of fun activties in the school hall. That included teddy-bear racing, ‘Design a Pudsey’ colouring in competition, and ‘Pin the Nose on Pudsey’ competition.
Meanwhile, pupils at Katherine Semar Infants School came into school dressed as colours of the rainbow and held some fun activties.
You may also want to watch:
And, on Wednesday, children at St Mary’s Primary School went to class dressed in their pyjamas. They also designed eye-patches for their own teddies and held a cake sale.
• Are you holding a Children in Need fundraising event today? Then tell us about it. Send in your pictures and a few details to email@example.com
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Students share their views on school curriculum
- 3 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 4 Operation Trespass will highlight drugs gangs cuckooing efforts
- 5 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 6 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 7 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event