PICTURE GALLERY: Saffron Walden schoolchildren fund-raise for Children in Need
PRIMARY school children in Saffron Walden have today (Friday November 16) hosted a range of money-spinning activities for Children in Need.
Over 220 boys and girls at the RA Butler Academy infant school took part in a highly energetic and fun Yoga Marathon. They also combined this with the Blue Peter suggestion for this annual event, by completing their yoga in their pyjamas!
Led by youga teacher Emma Stevens, the children acted out fairy tale stories using 40 different yoga poses, sang songs and learnt how to relax.
Children at St Thomas More Primary School had a non-school uniform day and held a range of fun activties in the school hall. That included teddy-bear racing, ‘Design a Pudsey’ colouring in competition, and ‘Pin the Nose on Pudsey’ competition.
Meanwhile, pupils at Katherine Semar Infants School came into school dressed as colours of the rainbow and held some fun activties.
You may also want to watch:
And, on Wednesday, children at St Mary’s Primary School went to class dressed in their pyjamas. They also designed eye-patches for their own teddies and held a cake sale.
• Are you holding a Children in Need fundraising event today? Then tell us about it. Send in your pictures and a few details to email@example.com
- 1 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 2 Hatfield Heath air disaster memorial 'a symbol of UK-US unity'
- 3 Festive Christmas markets to visit in Essex, 2021
- 4 Outdoor spaces help Uttlesford reclaim some normality
- 5 Saffron Walden actress Tamara Lee Smart to star as Marilyn Monroe for one night in rehearsed play reading
- 6 'Gastro-Glastonbury' Foodies Festival coming to Hylands Park in Chelmsford
- 7 Cash boost for plan to plant 350,000 trees in Essex
- 8 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 9 'Do you enjoy singing and making new friends?' - Church holding taster session for its junior choir
- 10 West Essex villages fear becoming 'trapped' by road closures