Picture gallery: Spring Car Show at Duxford IWM is a revving success
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of contemporary and classic car owners enjoyed the Bank Holiday Sunday sunshine with a trip to IWM Duxford to take part in the Spring Car Show.
A wide variety of cars were on display from very contemporary vehicles to classic cars from the golden age of motoring.
Larger-than-life 1950s American automobiles glinted in the spring sunshine alongside uniquely-decorated hot rods. Head-turning modern cars on display included those from the BMW Car Club, UK Crossfires, MX-5 Owners Club, the Mercedes Benz Club, the TVR Club and the Mercedes Benz Owners Forum.
Elegant vintage cars on display included representatives of the Mustang Owners Club, the Classic Corvette Club, the Midget and Sprite Club and the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts.
Car owners travelled from across the UK to attend the show and happily chatted to visitors about their four-wheeled pride and joy.
You may also want to watch:
There were also exciting tank demonstrations and the opportunity to take a ride in a tank in the tank arena.
A spokesman for IWM said: “The Spring Car Show was a fantastic day out for visitors and car owners alike!”
- 1 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 2 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 3 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 4 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 5 Care home chef Ben Morris shortlisted for award
- 6 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 7 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 8 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire