Picture gallery: Spring Car Show at Duxford IWM is a revving success
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of contemporary and classic car owners enjoyed the Bank Holiday Sunday sunshine with a trip to IWM Duxford to take part in the Spring Car Show.
A wide variety of cars were on display from very contemporary vehicles to classic cars from the golden age of motoring.
Larger-than-life 1950s American automobiles glinted in the spring sunshine alongside uniquely-decorated hot rods. Head-turning modern cars on display included those from the BMW Car Club, UK Crossfires, MX-5 Owners Club, the Mercedes Benz Club, the TVR Club and the Mercedes Benz Owners Forum.
Elegant vintage cars on display included representatives of the Mustang Owners Club, the Classic Corvette Club, the Midget and Sprite Club and the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts.
Car owners travelled from across the UK to attend the show and happily chatted to visitors about their four-wheeled pride and joy.
You may also want to watch:
There were also exciting tank demonstrations and the opportunity to take a ride in a tank in the tank arena.
A spokesman for IWM said: “The Spring Car Show was a fantastic day out for visitors and car owners alike!”
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 6 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays