Picture gallery: Spring Car Show at Duxford IWM is a revving success
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of contemporary and classic car owners enjoyed the Bank Holiday Sunday sunshine with a trip to IWM Duxford to take part in the Spring Car Show.
A wide variety of cars were on display from very contemporary vehicles to classic cars from the golden age of motoring.
Larger-than-life 1950s American automobiles glinted in the spring sunshine alongside uniquely-decorated hot rods. Head-turning modern cars on display included those from the BMW Car Club, UK Crossfires, MX-5 Owners Club, the Mercedes Benz Club, the TVR Club and the Mercedes Benz Owners Forum.
Elegant vintage cars on display included representatives of the Mustang Owners Club, the Classic Corvette Club, the Midget and Sprite Club and the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts.
Car owners travelled from across the UK to attend the show and happily chatted to visitors about their four-wheeled pride and joy.
You may also want to watch:
There were also exciting tank demonstrations and the opportunity to take a ride in a tank in the tank arena.
A spokesman for IWM said: “The Spring Car Show was a fantastic day out for visitors and car owners alike!”
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal