Picture gallery: Spring Car Show at Duxford IWM is a revving success
- Credit: Archant
HUNDREDS of contemporary and classic car owners enjoyed the Bank Holiday Sunday sunshine with a trip to IWM Duxford to take part in the Spring Car Show.
A wide variety of cars were on display from very contemporary vehicles to classic cars from the golden age of motoring.
Larger-than-life 1950s American automobiles glinted in the spring sunshine alongside uniquely-decorated hot rods. Head-turning modern cars on display included those from the BMW Car Club, UK Crossfires, MX-5 Owners Club, the Mercedes Benz Club, the TVR Club and the Mercedes Benz Owners Forum.
Elegant vintage cars on display included representatives of the Mustang Owners Club, the Classic Corvette Club, the Midget and Sprite Club and the Rolls Royce Enthusiasts.
Car owners travelled from across the UK to attend the show and happily chatted to visitors about their four-wheeled pride and joy.
You may also want to watch:
There were also exciting tank demonstrations and the opportunity to take a ride in a tank in the tank arena.
A spokesman for IWM said: “The Spring Car Show was a fantastic day out for visitors and car owners alike!”
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost