Picture gallery: Steam Gala success at Audley End Miniature Railway
HUNDREDS of enthusiasts turned out at Audley End Miniature Railway for the annual Steam Gala.
As well as two steam engines running through the 1.5-mile estate woodland, the weekend-long event included exhibitions of traction engines spanning from the majestic Showman’s engine to the rustic agricultural engines.
There were also fair rides, vintage motors, tractors and craft stalls.
Railway co-ordinator Karen Garrod said: “We had around 1,900 people through the gates and we’re delighted with how it went. Everybody seemed to enjoy it.
“It is the first time we have run the event alongside the East Anglia Traction Society and that made a tremendous difference.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information and extended train timetable for 2011 visit audley-end-railway.co.uk
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 4 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 7 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 8 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 9 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 10 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open