Picture gallery: Steam Gala success at Audley End Miniature Railway
HUNDREDS of enthusiasts turned out at Audley End Miniature Railway for the annual Steam Gala.
As well as two steam engines running through the 1.5-mile estate woodland, the weekend-long event included exhibitions of traction engines spanning from the majestic Showman’s engine to the rustic agricultural engines.
There were also fair rides, vintage motors, tractors and craft stalls.
Railway co-ordinator Karen Garrod said: “We had around 1,900 people through the gates and we’re delighted with how it went. Everybody seemed to enjoy it.
“It is the first time we have run the event alongside the East Anglia Traction Society and that made a tremendous difference.”
For more information and extended train timetable for 2011 visit audley-end-railway.co.uk
- 1 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 2 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 3 Will there be a White Christmas in Essex this year?
- 4 Stansted Airport calls for residents' views on solar transformation plan
- 5 Walden has late night shopping and musicians
- 6 Saffron Walden a contender in Britain's Favourite Market vote
- 7 Students bring cheer to senior citizens through Christmas Buddy Scheme
- 8 Person has died on railway tracks near Newport, say police
- 9 Police arrest nearly 100 M11 and M25 environmental protestors
- 10 IWM Duxford exhibition to display largest collection of Spitfires under one roof