Picture gallery: Steam Gala success at Audley End Miniature Railway
HUNDREDS of enthusiasts turned out at Audley End Miniature Railway for the annual Steam Gala.
As well as two steam engines running through the 1.5-mile estate woodland, the weekend-long event included exhibitions of traction engines spanning from the majestic Showman’s engine to the rustic agricultural engines.
There were also fair rides, vintage motors, tractors and craft stalls.
Railway co-ordinator Karen Garrod said: “We had around 1,900 people through the gates and we’re delighted with how it went. Everybody seemed to enjoy it.
“It is the first time we have run the event alongside the East Anglia Traction Society and that made a tremendous difference.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information and extended train timetable for 2011 visit audley-end-railway.co.uk
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 10 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return