Picture gallery: Twinning of Debden and Wimbish with Tang Ting, Nepal, celebrates five years
THE Tang Ting Twinning Association (TTTA) celebrated its fifth anniversary with a fair to bring together the communities of Debden, Debden Green, Wimbish and Tang Ting.
Five years after the twinning ceremony at Carver Barracks on May 12 2007, the communities reconvened at Wimbish School to continue their mission to raise money for the Nepalese village and Carver Baracks.
Crowds were enthralled by The Band of The Brigade of Gurkhas before His Excellency Dr. Suresh Chandra Chalise, Ambassador of Nepal, gave an address and officially opened the fair.
Villagers mingled with the Nepalese community and enjoyed a taste of Nepalese cuisine and were treated to a display of Nepalese cultural dancing.
TTTA Chairman, Moray Baylis, said: “We were delighted that the Ambassador and the famous Band of The Brigade of Gurkhas travelled to our event and there was a wonderful atmosphere and a feeling of goodwill as local communities joined together in aid of such worthy causes.”
You may also want to watch:
Proceeds from the fair will go to The Injured Soldiers Fund, Wimbish School and Tang Ting Twinning Association which is hoping to rebuild the school that was destroyed by the landslide caused by last years monsoons.
Following on from this event, the Tang Ting Twining Association are holding a black tie gala dinner in the Officers Mess, Carver Barracks on Saturday June 25 which will be followed by a charity auction overseen by a professional auctioneer.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
Tickets are �60 which includes a four course meal with wine and can be obtained from TTTA office on 01799 540881 or e-mail: email@example.com