Picture gallery: Twinning of Debden and Wimbish with Tang Ting, Nepal, celebrates five years
THE Tang Ting Twinning Association (TTTA) celebrated its fifth anniversary with a fair to bring together the communities of Debden, Debden Green, Wimbish and Tang Ting.
Five years after the twinning ceremony at Carver Barracks on May 12 2007, the communities reconvened at Wimbish School to continue their mission to raise money for the Nepalese village and Carver Baracks.
Crowds were enthralled by The Band of The Brigade of Gurkhas before His Excellency Dr. Suresh Chandra Chalise, Ambassador of Nepal, gave an address and officially opened the fair.
Villagers mingled with the Nepalese community and enjoyed a taste of Nepalese cuisine and were treated to a display of Nepalese cultural dancing.
TTTA Chairman, Moray Baylis, said: “We were delighted that the Ambassador and the famous Band of The Brigade of Gurkhas travelled to our event and there was a wonderful atmosphere and a feeling of goodwill as local communities joined together in aid of such worthy causes.”
Proceeds from the fair will go to The Injured Soldiers Fund, Wimbish School and Tang Ting Twinning Association which is hoping to rebuild the school that was destroyed by the landslide caused by last years monsoons.
Following on from this event, the Tang Ting Twining Association are holding a black tie gala dinner in the Officers Mess, Carver Barracks on Saturday June 25 which will be followed by a charity auction overseen by a professional auctioneer.
- 1 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 4 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 5 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 6 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 7 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 8 In pictures: the cute animals in January's Pets' Corner
- 9 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 10 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
Tickets are �60 which includes a four course meal with wine and can be obtained from TTTA office on 01799 540881 or e-mail: email@example.com