Picture gallery: Village’s horticultural show takes on London 2012 Olympics theme
CLAVERING Village Hall was turned into a riot of colour for the annual Horticultural Show on Saturday.
The event was very well attended and the standard of entries was “excellent”, according to judge Ron Eldred.
Despite the extreme weather of the past month, the vegetable section was well stocked and the flowers and plants looked great while the cooking section, including wines and preserves, expanded this year with more men entering the cake and bread competitions.
The vegetable ‘monsters’ created by the children were impressive, with Elliot Wood winning first prize, and this year the drawings took on a 2012 Olympics theme. That theme was also echoed in the ‘Big Ben with Olympic rings’ award-winning floral display by Sarah Perkins.
The main focus of the show was still the wide range of flowers and presenting the magnificent vegetables produced by the residents.
You may also want to watch:
The prestigious Clavering Cup was awarded to Ken Peck, the Society Award to Malcolm Smither and the Luff Cup for the vegetable section to Alan Gilbertson.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 6 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 'We're not trying to target young people': e-scooter awareness drive
- 10 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party