Picture gallery: Winner of Linton Zoo photography competition announced
- Credit: Archant
LINTON Zoo’s photography competition was a roaring success for one keen snapper his shot of an Amur Tiger was chosen as the winning entry.
Martyn Garvey, from Portsmouth, captured Katinka gazing into the camera at one of the zoo’s photography days last year.
Mr Garvey was presented with a framed image of the winning photograph, annual sponsorship of the animal of his choice and an annual admission ticket to Linton Zoo.
Zoo director Kim Simmons said: “We had such a hard time trying to choose a winner – but we loved the gorgeous photograph of Katinka our Amur Tigress, which really seems to capture her spirit.”
Over 45 entries were submitted for the competition by zoo-goers who went to the photography days last year. Entries were judged by Mrs Simmons and wildlife photographer Colin Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
“Our aim to inspire and enthuse people about nature and the creatures we share the world with. Photographers are often given the opportunity to take a much closer look in detail at the wonders our world provides,” added Mrs Simmons.
Linton Zoo has announced the dates for its 2013 photography days. Visit the website, lintonzoo.com for details.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down