Picture gallery: Winner of Linton Zoo photography competition announced
- Credit: Archant
LINTON Zoo’s photography competition was a roaring success for one keen snapper his shot of an Amur Tiger was chosen as the winning entry.
Martyn Garvey, from Portsmouth, captured Katinka gazing into the camera at one of the zoo’s photography days last year.
Mr Garvey was presented with a framed image of the winning photograph, annual sponsorship of the animal of his choice and an annual admission ticket to Linton Zoo.
Zoo director Kim Simmons said: “We had such a hard time trying to choose a winner – but we loved the gorgeous photograph of Katinka our Amur Tigress, which really seems to capture her spirit.”
Over 45 entries were submitted for the competition by zoo-goers who went to the photography days last year. Entries were judged by Mrs Simmons and wildlife photographer Colin Edwards.
You may also want to watch:
“Our aim to inspire and enthuse people about nature and the creatures we share the world with. Photographers are often given the opportunity to take a much closer look in detail at the wonders our world provides,” added Mrs Simmons.
Linton Zoo has announced the dates for its 2013 photography days. Visit the website, lintonzoo.com for details.
- 1 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 2 Conservative MP David Amess dies after being stabbed in Essex constituency
- 3 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 4 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 5 Universal Credit: Help is still out there, says Essex County Council
- 6 Mission Impossible and Top Gun star Tom Cruise spotted flying at Duxford
- 7 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 8 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank
- 9 More than 17,000 Uttlesford pensioners claim cash to help heat their homes
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road