Picture gallery: Winner of Linton Zoo photography competition announced
- Credit: Archant
LINTON Zoo’s photography competition was a roaring success for one keen snapper his shot of an Amur Tiger was chosen as the winning entry.
Martyn Garvey, from Portsmouth, captured Katinka gazing into the camera at one of the zoo’s photography days last year.
Mr Garvey was presented with a framed image of the winning photograph, annual sponsorship of the animal of his choice and an annual admission ticket to Linton Zoo.
Zoo director Kim Simmons said: “We had such a hard time trying to choose a winner – but we loved the gorgeous photograph of Katinka our Amur Tigress, which really seems to capture her spirit.”
Over 45 entries were submitted for the competition by zoo-goers who went to the photography days last year. Entries were judged by Mrs Simmons and wildlife photographer Colin Edwards.
“Our aim to inspire and enthuse people about nature and the creatures we share the world with. Photographers are often given the opportunity to take a much closer look in detail at the wonders our world provides,” added Mrs Simmons.
Linton Zoo has announced the dates for its 2013 photography days. Visit the website, lintonzoo.com for details.
- 1 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 2 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'
- 9 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 10 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham