PICTURE GALLERY: Zoo’s striking photos
LINTON Zoo’s photography competition was a roaring success for one keen snapper after his shot of an African lion was chosen as the winning entry.
Ellis Hall, from Cambridge, captured the animal, known as Zuri, gazing into the camera at one of the zoo’s photography days last year.
He was presented with a canvas of the photograph on Saturday. His image will also be published on the front of the next issue of the attraction’s Zoo News Magazine
Mr Hall was given an annual pass to the zoo and was able to pick an animal to sponsor. He chose Lhamo, Linton Zoo’s female snow leopard.
Kim Simmons, director at Linton Zoo, said: “The standard of photography this year was outstanding, and selecting an overall winner was very difficult, but in the end this stunning picture of Zuri stole all of our hearts.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 40 entries were submitted for the competition by zoo-goers who went to the photography days last year.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come