PICTURE GALLERY: Zoo’s striking photos
LINTON Zoo’s photography competition was a roaring success for one keen snapper after his shot of an African lion was chosen as the winning entry.
Ellis Hall, from Cambridge, captured the animal, known as Zuri, gazing into the camera at one of the zoo’s photography days last year.
He was presented with a canvas of the photograph on Saturday. His image will also be published on the front of the next issue of the attraction’s Zoo News Magazine
Mr Hall was given an annual pass to the zoo and was able to pick an animal to sponsor. He chose Lhamo, Linton Zoo’s female snow leopard.
Kim Simmons, director at Linton Zoo, said: “The standard of photography this year was outstanding, and selecting an overall winner was very difficult, but in the end this stunning picture of Zuri stole all of our hearts.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 40 entries were submitted for the competition by zoo-goers who went to the photography days last year.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital