PICTURE GALLERY: Zoo’s striking photos
LINTON Zoo’s photography competition was a roaring success for one keen snapper after his shot of an African lion was chosen as the winning entry.
Ellis Hall, from Cambridge, captured the animal, known as Zuri, gazing into the camera at one of the zoo’s photography days last year.
He was presented with a canvas of the photograph on Saturday. His image will also be published on the front of the next issue of the attraction’s Zoo News Magazine
Mr Hall was given an annual pass to the zoo and was able to pick an animal to sponsor. He chose Lhamo, Linton Zoo’s female snow leopard.
Kim Simmons, director at Linton Zoo, said: “The standard of photography this year was outstanding, and selecting an overall winner was very difficult, but in the end this stunning picture of Zuri stole all of our hearts.”
You may also want to watch:
More than 40 entries were submitted for the competition by zoo-goers who went to the photography days last year.
- 1 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 2 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 3 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 7 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler
- 10 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport