Pictures: CCTV images released of five men after police officer seriously injured in hit-and-run on M11
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released of five men police want to speak to in connection with a collision which left an officer from police with serious injuries.
The Cambridgeshire police officer was on a police motorbike on the M11 when it was involved in a collision with a black BMW at about 4pm yesterday (Monday, June 9).
The driver of the BMW failed to stop at the scene of the collision and made off towards Essex.
The vehicle, which had been stolen, was recovered in Harston a short time later.
The police officer was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious, but not life threatening, injuries to his legs.
You may also want to watch:
Now police have released CCTV images of five men they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
Detective sergeant Sarah Gaylor, investigating, said: “It is fortunate the officer was not more seriously injured.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 5 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 6 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
“I would urge anyone who recognises any of the men pictured as we believe they could have important information which could assist our investigation.”
Anyone with any information should call DS Gaylor on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.