Pictures: CCTV images released of five men after police officer seriously injured in hit-and-run on M11
- Credit: Archant
CCTV images have been released of five men police want to speak to in connection with a collision which left an officer from police with serious injuries.
The Cambridgeshire police officer was on a police motorbike on the M11 when it was involved in a collision with a black BMW at about 4pm yesterday (Monday, June 9).
The driver of the BMW failed to stop at the scene of the collision and made off towards Essex.
The vehicle, which had been stolen, was recovered in Harston a short time later.
The police officer was taken to Addenbrooke’s Hospital with serious, but not life threatening, injuries to his legs.
You may also want to watch:
Now police have released CCTV images of five men they want to speak to in connection with the incident.
Detective sergeant Sarah Gaylor, investigating, said: “It is fortunate the officer was not more seriously injured.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
“I would urge anyone who recognises any of the men pictured as we believe they could have important information which could assist our investigation.”
Anyone with any information should call DS Gaylor on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.