Pictures: Chris Froome and fellow Tour de France riders in Felsted
- Credit: Archant
The world’s best cyclists were greeted with rapturous applause as the Tour de France arrived in Felsted today (Monday).
Sky’s Chris Froome, reigning champion and Britain’s best hope to claim the crown once again, was part of the peloton which passed by the village on its way to London.
The riders departed from Cambridge this morning as Stage 3 got underway.
Crowds lined the roads to catch a glimpse of the Tour in all its glory – beginning with the Caravan of vehicles an hour in advance of Froome & co.
After reaching Great Chesterford, the cyclists made their way towards Saffron Walden, Radwinter, Great Sampford and Finchingfield, before heading towards the capital.
You may also want to watch:
Britain’s final stage finished on The Mall in London.
Millions of people have taken the rare opportunity to savour the famous event, which began in Leeds on Saturday, dotted along the roadside between Yorkshire and London.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
Here is a selection of photos from Felsted.
To see more, grab a copy of this Thursday’s Dunmow Broadcast.