Pictures: Chris Froome and fellow Tour de France riders in Felsted
- Credit: Archant
The world’s best cyclists were greeted with rapturous applause as the Tour de France arrived in Felsted today (Monday).
Sky’s Chris Froome, reigning champion and Britain’s best hope to claim the crown once again, was part of the peloton which passed by the village on its way to London.
The riders departed from Cambridge this morning as Stage 3 got underway.
Crowds lined the roads to catch a glimpse of the Tour in all its glory – beginning with the Caravan of vehicles an hour in advance of Froome & co.
After reaching Great Chesterford, the cyclists made their way towards Saffron Walden, Radwinter, Great Sampford and Finchingfield, before heading towards the capital.
Britain’s final stage finished on The Mall in London.
Millions of people have taken the rare opportunity to savour the famous event, which began in Leeds on Saturday, dotted along the roadside between Yorkshire and London.
- 1 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 2 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 3 Toaster joy: Radwinter Repair Cafe to the rescue
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Hands-on archaeology, beacons and picnics: Platinum Jubilee
- 6 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 7 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 8 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
Here is a selection of photos from Felsted.
To see more, grab a copy of this Thursday’s Dunmow Broadcast.