Pictures: Chris Froome and fellow Tour de France riders in Felsted
- Credit: Archant
The world’s best cyclists were greeted with rapturous applause as the Tour de France arrived in Felsted today (Monday).
Sky’s Chris Froome, reigning champion and Britain’s best hope to claim the crown once again, was part of the peloton which passed by the village on its way to London.
The riders departed from Cambridge this morning as Stage 3 got underway.
Crowds lined the roads to catch a glimpse of the Tour in all its glory – beginning with the Caravan of vehicles an hour in advance of Froome & co.
After reaching Great Chesterford, the cyclists made their way towards Saffron Walden, Radwinter, Great Sampford and Finchingfield, before heading towards the capital.
You may also want to watch:
Britain’s final stage finished on The Mall in London.
Millions of people have taken the rare opportunity to savour the famous event, which began in Leeds on Saturday, dotted along the roadside between Yorkshire and London.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
Here is a selection of photos from Felsted.
To see more, grab a copy of this Thursday’s Dunmow Broadcast.