Pictures: Chris Froome and fellow Tour de France riders in Felsted
- Credit: Archant
The world’s best cyclists were greeted with rapturous applause as the Tour de France arrived in Felsted today (Monday).
Sky’s Chris Froome, reigning champion and Britain’s best hope to claim the crown once again, was part of the peloton which passed by the village on its way to London.
The riders departed from Cambridge this morning as Stage 3 got underway.
Crowds lined the roads to catch a glimpse of the Tour in all its glory – beginning with the Caravan of vehicles an hour in advance of Froome & co.
After reaching Great Chesterford, the cyclists made their way towards Saffron Walden, Radwinter, Great Sampford and Finchingfield, before heading towards the capital.
You may also want to watch:
Britain’s final stage finished on The Mall in London.
Millions of people have taken the rare opportunity to savour the famous event, which began in Leeds on Saturday, dotted along the roadside between Yorkshire and London.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
Here is a selection of photos from Felsted.
To see more, grab a copy of this Thursday’s Dunmow Broadcast.