Pictures: Clavering horticultural show is a blooming success
- Credit: Archant
ENTRIES were up by more than 10 per cent on last year at the blooming successful Clavering Horticultural Show last Saturday.
Despite the extreme hot weather of the past month the vegetable section was well stocked, the flowers and plants looked great and, according to both Robin Carsberg and Ron Eldred – two of the show judges – the standard “was not only excellent but even better than last year”.
The cooking section including wines and preserves was slightly down this year with more men entering the cake and bread competitions.
The ‘vegetable monsters’ prize created by children was won by Elliot Wood and the award-winning floral display by Marion Pearson.
The main focus of the show was still the wide range of flowers on display along with the magnificent vegetables produced by residents, all of which were assessed by the two independent RHS judges.
You may also want to watch:
The prestigious Clavering Cup (most points in show) was awarded to Alan Gilbertson, the Society Award (most prize money in show) to Robert Abrahams and the Luff Cup (for the excellent vegetable section) to Ken Peck.
The Challenge Plate for most points in the cooking section was awarded to Jenny Milledge, and Angela Bailey received the Clavering Memorial Bowl for the rose section.
- 1 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 2 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 5 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler