Pictures: Paul Weller rocks Audley End
- Credit: Archant
The Modfather Paul Weller rocked Audley End on Saturday night as the summer concert series began with a bang.
Revellers enjoyed a warm evening in the park as The Jam frontman showcased a mixture of classics and his new material.
Town Called Malice, Start and Friday Street boomed out from the arena, while people got to savour the day with a picnic after organisers relented on the original decision to ban them.
Tony Pitts, from Saffron Walden, said: “The sound was perfect both at stage-side and on the hill.
“Paul Weller has a large back catalogue of classic songs to draw from, however at no time were we watching a greatest hits tour – this was a concert of past present and possible future classics.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “One or two of the older section of the crowd were baying for more of The Jam but the rest of us didn’t mind what he played.
“Collectively we all wished he could have carried on a lot longer! Great voice, tremendous band, good stage lighting, full picnic basket...now that’s entertainment!”
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
Here are some of the photos sent to us by our readers...