Pictures: Paul Weller rocks Audley End
- Credit: Archant
The Modfather Paul Weller rocked Audley End on Saturday night as the summer concert series began with a bang.
Revellers enjoyed a warm evening in the park as The Jam frontman showcased a mixture of classics and his new material.
Town Called Malice, Start and Friday Street boomed out from the arena, while people got to savour the day with a picnic after organisers relented on the original decision to ban them.
Tony Pitts, from Saffron Walden, said: “The sound was perfect both at stage-side and on the hill.
“Paul Weller has a large back catalogue of classic songs to draw from, however at no time were we watching a greatest hits tour – this was a concert of past present and possible future classics.”
He added: “One or two of the older section of the crowd were baying for more of The Jam but the rest of us didn’t mind what he played.
“Collectively we all wished he could have carried on a lot longer! Great voice, tremendous band, good stage lighting, full picnic basket...now that’s entertainment!”
- 1 Man in court over alleged 'fox-killing' during Puckeridge Hunt
- 2 Solar farm application decision is deferred
- 3 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 4 School activities and sports in pictures
- 5 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 6 Delayed Local Plan sparks Uttlesford development fears
- 7 Dane's 10 day walk home with only a backpack
- 8 Post Office: change of location in Newport
- 9 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 10 William and Kate unveil their first official portrait at Fitzwilliam Museum
Here are some of the photos sent to us by our readers...