Pictures: Paul Weller rocks Audley End
- Credit: Archant
The Modfather Paul Weller rocked Audley End on Saturday night as the summer concert series began with a bang.
Revellers enjoyed a warm evening in the park as The Jam frontman showcased a mixture of classics and his new material.
Town Called Malice, Start and Friday Street boomed out from the arena, while people got to savour the day with a picnic after organisers relented on the original decision to ban them.
Tony Pitts, from Saffron Walden, said: “The sound was perfect both at stage-side and on the hill.
“Paul Weller has a large back catalogue of classic songs to draw from, however at no time were we watching a greatest hits tour – this was a concert of past present and possible future classics.”
You may also want to watch:
He added: “One or two of the older section of the crowd were baying for more of The Jam but the rest of us didn’t mind what he played.
“Collectively we all wished he could have carried on a lot longer! Great voice, tremendous band, good stage lighting, full picnic basket...now that’s entertainment!”
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 3 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
Here are some of the photos sent to us by our readers...