Pictures: Saffron Walden’s Late Night Christmas shopping event ‘most festive yet’
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people descended on Saffron Walden last Friday evening for some late night Christmas shopping under the moonlight.
This year’s Late Night Christmas Shopping event was described by organisers as “the most festive yet”, with charity stalls, market traders and musical entertainment all part of the fun.
Peter Riding, chairman of the Saffron Walden Initiative, which helps put on the event, said: “This was the twelfth Late Night Christmas Shopping involving the Initiative and it certainly felt the most festive yet.
“Perhaps this was due to a combination of the excellent Christmas lights, a moonlit dry evening, good musical and singing entertainment, attractive market trader and charity stalls and a relaxed and happy atmosphere.
“All the charities I spoke with afterwards said that they had had a great evening and a number of them sold out of stock early. The Christmas Gift Fair in the Town Hall added to the mix.
“Special thanks are due to the town council staff, the local Police, St John Ambulance and the Tourist Information Centre which dealt with the charity stall bookings beforehand.”
- 1 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 2 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 3 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 4 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 5 Data reveals distracted drivers repeatedly caught in Essex
- 6 Plans for 18 houses in Countryside Protection Zone near Stansted Airport
- 7 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 8 Essex: More Electric Vehicles needed to meet goals
- 9 Saffron Walden youngsters show grit in defeat to Wymondham
- 10 easyJet: 'We don't have plans for more routes from Stansted'