Pictures: Saffron Walden’s Late Night Christmas shopping event ‘most festive yet’
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people descended on Saffron Walden last Friday evening for some late night Christmas shopping under the moonlight.
This year’s Late Night Christmas Shopping event was described by organisers as “the most festive yet”, with charity stalls, market traders and musical entertainment all part of the fun.
Peter Riding, chairman of the Saffron Walden Initiative, which helps put on the event, said: “This was the twelfth Late Night Christmas Shopping involving the Initiative and it certainly felt the most festive yet.
“Perhaps this was due to a combination of the excellent Christmas lights, a moonlit dry evening, good musical and singing entertainment, attractive market trader and charity stalls and a relaxed and happy atmosphere.
“All the charities I spoke with afterwards said that they had had a great evening and a number of them sold out of stock early. The Christmas Gift Fair in the Town Hall added to the mix.
You may also want to watch:
“Special thanks are due to the town council staff, the local Police, St John Ambulance and the Tourist Information Centre which dealt with the charity stall bookings beforehand.”
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 6 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September
- 7 Reflections: A World War One soldier who was killed in battle
- 8 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 9 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 10 Saffron Walden all set for big green festival