Pictures: Saffron Walden’s Late Night Christmas shopping event ‘most festive yet’
- Credit: Archant
Thousands of people descended on Saffron Walden last Friday evening for some late night Christmas shopping under the moonlight.
This year’s Late Night Christmas Shopping event was described by organisers as “the most festive yet”, with charity stalls, market traders and musical entertainment all part of the fun.
Peter Riding, chairman of the Saffron Walden Initiative, which helps put on the event, said: “This was the twelfth Late Night Christmas Shopping involving the Initiative and it certainly felt the most festive yet.
“Perhaps this was due to a combination of the excellent Christmas lights, a moonlit dry evening, good musical and singing entertainment, attractive market trader and charity stalls and a relaxed and happy atmosphere.
“All the charities I spoke with afterwards said that they had had a great evening and a number of them sold out of stock early. The Christmas Gift Fair in the Town Hall added to the mix.
You may also want to watch:
“Special thanks are due to the town council staff, the local Police, St John Ambulance and the Tourist Information Centre which dealt with the charity stall bookings beforehand.”
- 1 Tools collection is a huge success
- 2 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 A Big Deal for Fairycroft House as comedy club makes comeback
- 5 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues
- 6 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 7 Saffron Walden constituency could change shape in boundary review
- 8 Motorcyclist in hospital after Broxted collision
- 9 New development plan for former Friends' School
- 10 Share your views: Should Freedom Day on June 21 go ahead?