Pictures: Street parties in Saffron Walden - residents come together to celebrate Diamond Jubilee
COMMUNITIES in Saffron Walden came together to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee over the weekend.
De Bohun Court, Gold Street, Saxon Way and Dawson Close were just four of the many roads closed off as residents marked the occasion with special street parties.
On Sunday a marquee was set up for a picnic tea in De Bohun Court, while residents braved the damp conditions to gather on the green in Dawson Close.
On Monday Gold Street locals were a bit more fortunate with the weather, and held fun games and activties.
The street party in Saxon Way, is in its 12th year, founded through the Neighbourhood Watch in the Millennium year and still going strong! This year the party coincided with the Jubilee celebrations. Over 70 residents turned out for an informal picnic lunch. There was also a quiz for the adults, a free raffle, garden games and activities for the children.
You may also want to watch:
• Did you hold a street party? Send in your pictures and a few details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 4 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 5 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 6 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 7 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 10 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come