Pictures: Street parties in Saffron Walden - residents come together to celebrate Diamond Jubilee
COMMUNITIES in Saffron Walden came together to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee over the weekend.
De Bohun Court, Gold Street, Saxon Way and Dawson Close were just four of the many roads closed off as residents marked the occasion with special street parties.
On Sunday a marquee was set up for a picnic tea in De Bohun Court, while residents braved the damp conditions to gather on the green in Dawson Close.
On Monday Gold Street locals were a bit more fortunate with the weather, and held fun games and activties.
The street party in Saxon Way, is in its 12th year, founded through the Neighbourhood Watch in the Millennium year and still going strong! This year the party coincided with the Jubilee celebrations. Over 70 residents turned out for an informal picnic lunch. There was also a quiz for the adults, a free raffle, garden games and activities for the children.
You may also want to watch:
• Did you hold a street party? Send in your pictures and a few details to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 2 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 'Pup Idol' comes to Saffron Walden as search for Wizard of Oz pooch Toto begins
- 6 NCTJ staff raise more than £7,000 for journalism bursary
- 7 Q&A: Elsenham WI President Moyra Jackson
- 8 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 9 Saffron Striders hit the Cambridge Half Marathon en masse
- 10 There With You This Winter: Walden Mayor backs our campaign