Pictures: Street parties in Saffron Walden - residents come together to celebrate Diamond Jubilee
COMMUNITIES in Saffron Walden came together to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee over the weekend.
De Bohun Court, Gold Street, Saxon Way and Dawson Close were just four of the many roads closed off as residents marked the occasion with special street parties.
On Sunday a marquee was set up for a picnic tea in De Bohun Court, while residents braved the damp conditions to gather on the green in Dawson Close.
On Monday Gold Street locals were a bit more fortunate with the weather, and held fun games and activties.
The street party in Saxon Way, is in its 12th year, founded through the Neighbourhood Watch in the Millennium year and still going strong! This year the party coincided with the Jubilee celebrations. Over 70 residents turned out for an informal picnic lunch. There was also a quiz for the adults, a free raffle, garden games and activities for the children.
You may also want to watch:
• Did you hold a street party? Send in your pictures and a few details to email@example.com
- 1 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 2 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 3 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 4 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 5 Q&A: Former Uttlesford District Council leader Howard Rolfe
- 6 4 English Heritage events to enjoy at Audley End this summer
- 7 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 RAF Red Arrows and Typhoon dazzle crowds at Duxford Summer Air Show