Pilots saddle up for show
ONE of the world s best aerobatic display teams is appearing just a few miles up the M11 at Duxford next month. As part of the aerial spectacle, the Flying Legends Air Show, P-51 Mustang display team The Horseman will be soaring above the Duxford airstrip
ONE of the world's best aerobatic display teams is appearing just a few miles up the M11 at Duxford next month.
As part of the aerial spectacle, the Flying Legends Air Show, P-51 Mustang display team The Horseman will be soaring above the Duxford airstrip in their only UK appearance in 2009.
The Horsemen are widely known as the world's only P-51 Mustang aerobatic team, comprising three highly-skilled war bird pilots who have a passion for showcasing the aircraft that made America great.
But they will not be the only aircraft to wow the crowds at the air show. Organised by The Fighter Collection in partnership with the Imperial War Museum Duxford, the event - held on Saturday July 11 and Sunday July 12 - is widely regarded as one of the finest war bird air shows around.
You may also want to watch:
Expect to see an unrivalled line up of classic propeller-driven combat aircraft from both the First and Second World Wars, many of which are now rare and unique.
Gates open at 8am and includes access to the museum. Flying will then commence at approximately 2pm. The museum closes at 6m.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 3 Covid booster vaccinations scheme is rolling out at pace
- 4 Team Max to hold fundraising auction for planned children's hospital
- 5 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 6 Runners raise more than £1,500 for Accuro in west Essex
- 7 Food collection and seasonal songs at R A Butler's harvest festival
- 8 English Touring Opera coming to Saffron Hall with rarely performed Handel opera
- 9 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 10 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
Ticket prices are: adults �29.95, senior (60 years or over) �24.95, children �9.95 (children aged four years or under go free), student/unemployed/disabled �9.95 (carer goes free).
Buy your tickets early and save 10 per cent on the price - simply click the Book Online button on the website at www.iwm.org.uk/duxford or call 01223 499 353.