Pilots saddle up for show
ONE of the world s best aerobatic display teams is appearing just a few miles up the M11 at Duxford next month. As part of the aerial spectacle, the Flying Legends Air Show, P-51 Mustang display team The Horseman will be soaring above the Duxford airstrip
ONE of the world's best aerobatic display teams is appearing just a few miles up the M11 at Duxford next month.
As part of the aerial spectacle, the Flying Legends Air Show, P-51 Mustang display team The Horseman will be soaring above the Duxford airstrip in their only UK appearance in 2009.
The Horsemen are widely known as the world's only P-51 Mustang aerobatic team, comprising three highly-skilled war bird pilots who have a passion for showcasing the aircraft that made America great.
But they will not be the only aircraft to wow the crowds at the air show. Organised by The Fighter Collection in partnership with the Imperial War Museum Duxford, the event - held on Saturday July 11 and Sunday July 12 - is widely regarded as one of the finest war bird air shows around.
Expect to see an unrivalled line up of classic propeller-driven combat aircraft from both the First and Second World Wars, many of which are now rare and unique.
Gates open at 8am and includes access to the museum. Flying will then commence at approximately 2pm. The museum closes at 6m.
- 1 Police find body in search for missing 71-year-old Raymond
- 2 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 3 Toaster joy: Radwinter Repair Cafe to the rescue
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 6 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 7 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 8 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 9 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
- 10 New Mayors and deputies in Saffron Walden and Great Dunmow
Ticket prices are: adults �29.95, senior (60 years or over) �24.95, children �9.95 (children aged four years or under go free), student/unemployed/disabled �9.95 (carer goes free).
Buy your tickets early and save 10 per cent on the price - simply click the Book Online button on the website at www.iwm.org.uk/duxford or call 01223 499 353.