Pink heroes donate cash to charity
PINK heroes have given money raised during the eight-day Saffron Walden Carnival held in July to good causes.
Saffron Walden Ladies Circle raised �2,000 at their carnival event ‘Songs from the shows’ in partnership with the Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company.
To date, �500 has been donated to the Salvation Army for their Christmas party, and �1,000 to Cambridge Arthritis Research Endeavour, which is the chosen charity of the year for group president Claire Croft.
The remaining �500 will be donated soon.
A spokesman for Ladies Circle said: “Thank you to everyone who supported this event and helped us to raise this fantastic amount for charity.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are between 18–45, are female and fancy helping to organise events for charity contact Ladies Circle chairwoman Kelly Thurston on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about joining.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 3 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 6 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 7 Shooting star: Coward-Holley's road to Tokyo 2020
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 It's A Very British Murder with TV historian Lucy Worsley at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 EA Festival debut: New festival quenches region's 'thirst for culture'