Pink heroes donate cash to charity
PINK heroes have given money raised during the eight-day Saffron Walden Carnival held in July to good causes.
Saffron Walden Ladies Circle raised �2,000 at their carnival event ‘Songs from the shows’ in partnership with the Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company.
To date, �500 has been donated to the Salvation Army for their Christmas party, and �1,000 to Cambridge Arthritis Research Endeavour, which is the chosen charity of the year for group president Claire Croft.
The remaining �500 will be donated soon.
A spokesman for Ladies Circle said: “Thank you to everyone who supported this event and helped us to raise this fantastic amount for charity.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are between 18–45, are female and fancy helping to organise events for charity contact Ladies Circle chairwoman Kelly Thurston on email@example.com for more information about joining.
- 1 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 2 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 3 Revealed: Essex hospital treatment waiting time data
- 4 Walden market traders react to lockdown lifting
- 5 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision
- 6 More than 600 want reopening of North Hall Road after nine months
- 7 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 8 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes