Pink heroes donate cash to charity
PINK heroes have given money raised during the eight-day Saffron Walden Carnival held in July to good causes.
Saffron Walden Ladies Circle raised �2,000 at their carnival event ‘Songs from the shows’ in partnership with the Saffron Walden Musical Theatre Company.
To date, �500 has been donated to the Salvation Army for their Christmas party, and �1,000 to Cambridge Arthritis Research Endeavour, which is the chosen charity of the year for group president Claire Croft.
The remaining �500 will be donated soon.
A spokesman for Ladies Circle said: “Thank you to everyone who supported this event and helped us to raise this fantastic amount for charity.”
You may also want to watch:
If you are between 18–45, are female and fancy helping to organise events for charity contact Ladies Circle chairwoman Kelly Thurston on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about joining.
- 1 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 2 Historic structures on Uttlesford heritage list
- 3 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 4 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 5 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 8 Law firm gains Customer Service Excellence award
- 9 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 10 Covid vaccinations given at the Lord Butler