Pink Rose Ball at Chilford Hall raises approximately �40K for Cambridge Breast Cancer Research Unit at Addenbrooke’s
A STUNNING charity ball held in Linton has raised �40,000 for the Cambridge Breast Cancer Research Unit at Addenbrooke’s Hospital.
Chilford Hall Vineyard and Conference Centre hosted the Pink Rose Ball supported by Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust (ACT).
The event was organised by Jackie Wishart, wife of Professor Gordon Wishart, consultant breast and endocrine surgeon at Addenbrooke’s, to raise funds towards diagnostic equipment for the unit that opened in 2008, and will support the surgical research programme.
Almost 300 people attended including Jeffrey and Mary Archer, TV presenters Diana Binks and Derek Thompson, Wally and Walter Swinburn and some of Cambridgeshire’s top business owners.
The evening included a champagne reception and three-course dinner, followed by a ‘Money Can’t Buy’ auction with auctioneer Jeffrey Archer. Prizes were donated from all over the country, and included a personal commission by illustrator Quentin Blake, a day at Newmarket with champion jockey Wally Swinburn, including breakfast with the Queen’s trainer, a tour of the McLaren factory, a day with the Channel 4 racing team behind the scenes, a day with the Red Arrows, a swimming lesson with Olympian Mark Foster and a day at exclusive fashion exhibition Pure with the fashion buying team from Anne Furbank.
You may also want to watch:
A raffle took place during the evening with prizes from all over the country including meals for two, wine, glider trip, football tickets and much more.
The auction raised �12,000, with the commissioned illustration by Quentin Blake raising �5000, and the raffle raised �6000.
- 1 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 2 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 3 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 4 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 5 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 6 7 of the prettiest villages in north-west Essex
- 7 Lamborghini v Ferrari at Petrolheadonism.Club's Supercar Sunday event at The Warren Estate in Essex
- 8 In pictures: Saffron Walden Round Table's Big Day Out
- 9 Saffron Walden Motor Show set for 2021 return
- 10 Thaxted flash flooding the 'worst in 30 years', says councillor
Organiser Mrs Wishart said: “This money means a great deal to the unit who will now be able to purchase the equipment required for the ongoing research programme.
“I’d like to express gratitude to everyone who generously donated prizes, everyone had a fantastic night and I would like to thank everyone who supported the event at Chilford Hall.”
For more information visit chilfordhall.co.uk