Planetarium rolls into primary school
STARGAZING children had a treat when a travelling planetarium visited their school in Saffron Walden yesterday (Wednesday). The Star Dome arrived at the Dame Bradbury School in Ashdon Road thanks to Lottie Curtis, a Year Five pupil who won a poster compet
STARGAZING children had a treat when a travelling planetarium visited their school in Saffron Walden yesterday (Wednesday).
The Star Dome arrived at the Dame Bradbury School in Ashdon Road thanks to Lottie Curtis, a Year Five pupil who won a poster competition run by the Institute of Astronomy in Cambridge.
Her prize enabled her and her fellow students to learn more about the sky, the constellations and the entire universe.
Dame Bradbury's marketing coordinator, Miranda McIntyre, said: "Lottie won a primary schools' competition, run by the Institute of Astronomy, with a picture of the planets.
You may also want to watch:
"All of the entries they received were displayed at the Institute during Cambridge Science Week in the spring, and Lottie's prize was a Star Dome visit.
"The Planetarium recreates the world of space and the sky at night, allowing children to learn all about the planets and astrology.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 4 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 7 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 8 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 9 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 10 Sir David Attenborough, JK Rowling inspire Debden
"Pupils in Years Four, Five and Six were all able to visit the planetarium in small groups during the morning and everyone had a great time."
Lottie Curtis is pictured with Andrew Green from The Star Dome.