Plans for Saffron Walden Carnival 2014 are well under way
SAFFRON Walden Round Table’s organisation of the Carnival event are under way – and they’re are urging people to put the date in their diaries.
After the huge success of the last “8 day Weekend” in 2011, the final accounts have been audited by Benton & Co. The total raised was over £50,000.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “We thank Benton & Co for their continued voluntary support over the past years of Round Table events as this is no easy task on this large event.
“The total raised was over £50,000 which the community help raised for local charities and community projects.
“We are hoping that everyone will be keeping in mind July 2014 ready for the unique festival of fun and first class entertainment that is Saffron Walden Carnival - The 8 day weekender!”
You may also want to watch:
More announcements will be made in the coming weeks.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100