Plans for Saffron Walden Carnival 2014 are well under way
SAFFRON Walden Round Table’s organisation of the Carnival event are under way – and they’re are urging people to put the date in their diaries.
After the huge success of the last “8 day Weekend” in 2011, the final accounts have been audited by Benton & Co. The total raised was over £50,000.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “We thank Benton & Co for their continued voluntary support over the past years of Round Table events as this is no easy task on this large event.
“The total raised was over £50,000 which the community help raised for local charities and community projects.
“We are hoping that everyone will be keeping in mind July 2014 ready for the unique festival of fun and first class entertainment that is Saffron Walden Carnival - The 8 day weekender!”
You may also want to watch:
More announcements will be made in the coming weeks.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections