Plans for Saffron Walden Carnival 2014 are well under way
SAFFRON Walden Round Table’s organisation of the Carnival event are under way – and they’re are urging people to put the date in their diaries.
After the huge success of the last “8 day Weekend” in 2011, the final accounts have been audited by Benton & Co. The total raised was over £50,000.
Carnival chairman Jason Thomson said: “We thank Benton & Co for their continued voluntary support over the past years of Round Table events as this is no easy task on this large event.
“The total raised was over £50,000 which the community help raised for local charities and community projects.
“We are hoping that everyone will be keeping in mind July 2014 ready for the unique festival of fun and first class entertainment that is Saffron Walden Carnival - The 8 day weekender!”
You may also want to watch:
More announcements will be made in the coming weeks.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 4 Town council backs new support club
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 8 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 9 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire