Plans for up to 3,000 homes in Elsenham to go on display
RESIDENTS in Uttlesford will get their first glimpse of plans for up to 3,000 new homes on land between Elsenham and Henham when they are unveiled at a series of public exhibitions next month.
The Fairfield Partnership will be presenting its proposal to the public before submitting it to Uttlesford District Council. It includes a first phase of up to 800 homes as part of a wider master plan for a further 2,200.
Steve Biart, speaking on behalf of The Fairfield Partnership, said: “We are displaying our plans throughout the district, and we encourage residents to come down to see the proposals for themselves and talk any questions through with our development team.”
The firms said the first phase, to be delivered by 2018/19, would deliver much-needed new infrastructure close to the district’s biggest employer, Stansted Airport, and close to where new employment sites are proposed in the draft Local Plan. It also includes plans for a primary school, health and recreation facilities, new jobs and community facilities, transport and highway improvements, as well as new foul water, drainage and utility infrastructure.
The Fairfield Partnership has repeatedly claimed that the 3,300 homes allocated in Uttlesford District Council’s Draft Local Development Framework for the next 15 is insufficient to meet the area’s long-term housing need and that the most sustainable approach is for a new single settlement.
The venues and dates of the public exhibitions are:
• Saturday November 10 10am to 2pm at the OSCA Centre, Crow Street, Henham
- 1 Teen arrested for 'terrorism offences' at Stansted Airport
- 2 The Railway Arms awarded CAMRA county pub of the year
- 3 Wenden Junior Cricket Club embrace new cricket season
- 4 Committee and president appointed for Elsenham WI
- 5 How well do you know the Gibson Library?
- 6 Ben & Jerry's ice cream sold at Sainsbury's recalled due to health concerns
- 7 Uttlesford new development could be triple the size of one refused
- 8 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 9 Saffron Walden draw positives at Witham
- 10 Harmer's career-best haul helps Essex stun Hampshire
• Wednesday November 14 2pm to 8pm at Stansted Free Church, Chapel Hill, Stansted
• Thursday November 15 2pm to 8pm at St Mary’s Church Parish Rooms, Church Path, Saffron Walden
• Friday November 16 2pm to 8pm at the E T Foakes Memorial Hall, 47 Stortford Road, Great Dunmow
• Saturday November 17 10am to 2pm at Elsenham Village Hall, High Street, Elsenham
Further information is available at elsenham-info.co.uk.