Plans for up to 3,000 homes in Elsenham to go on display
RESIDENTS in Uttlesford will get their first glimpse of plans for up to 3,000 new homes on land between Elsenham and Henham when they are unveiled at a series of public exhibitions next month.
The Fairfield Partnership will be presenting its proposal to the public before submitting it to Uttlesford District Council. It includes a first phase of up to 800 homes as part of a wider master plan for a further 2,200.
Steve Biart, speaking on behalf of The Fairfield Partnership, said: “We are displaying our plans throughout the district, and we encourage residents to come down to see the proposals for themselves and talk any questions through with our development team.”
The firms said the first phase, to be delivered by 2018/19, would deliver much-needed new infrastructure close to the district’s biggest employer, Stansted Airport, and close to where new employment sites are proposed in the draft Local Plan. It also includes plans for a primary school, health and recreation facilities, new jobs and community facilities, transport and highway improvements, as well as new foul water, drainage and utility infrastructure.
The Fairfield Partnership has repeatedly claimed that the 3,300 homes allocated in Uttlesford District Council’s Draft Local Development Framework for the next 15 is insufficient to meet the area’s long-term housing need and that the most sustainable approach is for a new single settlement.
You may also want to watch:
The venues and dates of the public exhibitions are:
• Saturday November 10 10am to 2pm at the OSCA Centre, Crow Street, Henham
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden documentary maker inspires students with astronomy animation
- 3 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 4 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 Juniors the toast of Saffron Walden Golf Club after double championship success
- 7 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 8 Review: Groan Ups is 'like a student sketch show stretched out over two hours'
- 9 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 10 5 of the best wedding venues in Essex
• Wednesday November 14 2pm to 8pm at Stansted Free Church, Chapel Hill, Stansted
• Thursday November 15 2pm to 8pm at St Mary’s Church Parish Rooms, Church Path, Saffron Walden
• Friday November 16 2pm to 8pm at the E T Foakes Memorial Hall, 47 Stortford Road, Great Dunmow
• Saturday November 17 10am to 2pm at Elsenham Village Hall, High Street, Elsenham
Further information is available at elsenham-info.co.uk.