Plans for up to 3,000 homes in Elsenham to go on display
RESIDENTS in Uttlesford will get their first glimpse of plans for up to 3,000 new homes on land between Elsenham and Henham when they are unveiled at a series of public exhibitions next month.
The Fairfield Partnership will be presenting its proposal to the public before submitting it to Uttlesford District Council. It includes a first phase of up to 800 homes as part of a wider master plan for a further 2,200.
Steve Biart, speaking on behalf of The Fairfield Partnership, said: “We are displaying our plans throughout the district, and we encourage residents to come down to see the proposals for themselves and talk any questions through with our development team.”
The firms said the first phase, to be delivered by 2018/19, would deliver much-needed new infrastructure close to the district’s biggest employer, Stansted Airport, and close to where new employment sites are proposed in the draft Local Plan. It also includes plans for a primary school, health and recreation facilities, new jobs and community facilities, transport and highway improvements, as well as new foul water, drainage and utility infrastructure.
The Fairfield Partnership has repeatedly claimed that the 3,300 homes allocated in Uttlesford District Council’s Draft Local Development Framework for the next 15 is insufficient to meet the area’s long-term housing need and that the most sustainable approach is for a new single settlement.
You may also want to watch:
The venues and dates of the public exhibitions are:
• Saturday November 10 10am to 2pm at the OSCA Centre, Crow Street, Henham
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 7 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
- 10 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
• Wednesday November 14 2pm to 8pm at Stansted Free Church, Chapel Hill, Stansted
• Thursday November 15 2pm to 8pm at St Mary’s Church Parish Rooms, Church Path, Saffron Walden
• Friday November 16 2pm to 8pm at the E T Foakes Memorial Hall, 47 Stortford Road, Great Dunmow
• Saturday November 17 10am to 2pm at Elsenham Village Hall, High Street, Elsenham
Further information is available at elsenham-info.co.uk.