Plenty on offer at this year’s Countess of Warwick’s Country Show
- Credit: Archant
CLASSIC cars, art, livestock and races will be just be some of the events at the area’s largest country show.
The annual Countess of Warwick’s Country Show, which will take place over the August bank holiday weekend, is a celebration of country life and takes place over two days.
There will be a wide range of activities to take part in, without forgetting some of the classics such as tug-of-war and egg and spoon races.
Animal-lovers will be able to see everything from horses to bees, as well as the Longhorn Cow which was popular in 18th century England, while children will be kept entertained with water zorbs and face painting.
This year’s live music will come from 27Strings and The Downside but visitors can also be entertained with the car show and art exhibition.
Appetites will be kept at bay with plenty of refreshments including a hog roast, barbecue and home-made cakes. There’s also a bar and Pimms tent.
The show, which takes place on August 25-26, from noon to 5pm on both days, will be held at the church, rectory and manor in Little Easton.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 3 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 4 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 5 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 6 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 7 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 8 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 9 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 10 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden