Police appeal after “beloved” family dogs stolen
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information following a burglary in Hinxton where two “beloved” family dogs were taken.
The burglary took place on Wednesday evening (27 November) in North End Road, Hinxton.
A rear conservatory window was smashed before an untidy search was carried out throughout the house and terriers Maisie and Toby taken.
Maisie has since been recovered from a vet after being found in a car park in Enfield, but sadly Toby is still missing.
Toby's owners, who are missing him terribly, said: "While we are ecstatic that Maisie is home where she belongs, our family will not be complete until our precious boy, Toby, is home as well. Please keep looking for our boy."
You may also want to watch:
DC Victoria Norden, who is investigating, added: "This is a very distressing time for the victims who are desperate for the safe return of their beloved pet. Toby is an integral part of their family and this is particularly heartbreaking given the time of year, with Christmas around the corner.
"We are appealing to anyone with information or who may have seen Toby to contact us as a matter of urgency.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 7 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
"We recognise that burglaries can have a devastating impact on victims, which is why tackling the issue is a force priority."
Anyone with any information should contact police on 101 quoting reference number 35/85160/19, or report it online at: www.cambs.police.uk/report/report.