Police appeal after knifepoint burglary
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a knifepoint robbery which happened in Braintree on January 3.
The incident happened between 5pm and 5.30pm on a footpath between Panfield Lane and St Peters Road, when a 55-year-old man from Braintree was approached by two men, one of whom asked him for a cigarette. They then pulled out a knife and removed the victim’s satchel style bag from his shoulder.
They then searched his jacket and removed his wallet and iPhone 5. They then ran off in the direction of Panfield Lane.
The first suspect is described as white, 6ft tall, around 25-years-old and of medium build. He wore a black puffa style coat and dark baseball cap.
The second was shorter at 5ft 5ins tall, also white, around 20-years-old and wore a dark yellow hooded top with the hood up.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was uninjured.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Braintree on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 7 Stations benefit from funding
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 New book features illustrations of Bridge End Garden
- 10 Covid cases rise but no plans to reopen temporary Essex mortuary