Police appeal after knifepoint burglary
POLICE are appealing for witnesses to a knifepoint robbery which happened in Braintree on January 3.
The incident happened between 5pm and 5.30pm on a footpath between Panfield Lane and St Peters Road, when a 55-year-old man from Braintree was approached by two men, one of whom asked him for a cigarette. They then pulled out a knife and removed the victim’s satchel style bag from his shoulder.
They then searched his jacket and removed his wallet and iPhone 5. They then ran off in the direction of Panfield Lane.
The first suspect is described as white, 6ft tall, around 25-years-old and of medium build. He wore a black puffa style coat and dark baseball cap.
The second was shorter at 5ft 5ins tall, also white, around 20-years-old and wore a dark yellow hooded top with the hood up.
You may also want to watch:
The victim was uninjured.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at Braintree on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 5 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 6 Walden church open and taking part in Thy Kingdom Come
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down