Police appeal after walls and floors are covered in excrement at leisure centre
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police is appealing for information following reports of criminal damage at the Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden.
It was reported that someone had deliberately smeared excrement over the walls and floor of the toilets at the centre, in Peaslands Road.
A spokesman for Essex Police said: "We were called to reports of criminal damage at Lord Butler Leisure Centre in Saffron Walden on October 13.
"It was reported that the public toilets had been targeted."
No CCTV or descriptions of those thought to be involved are available, police added.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the leisure centre said: "Unfortunately, we can confirm the leisure centre did suffer from anti-social behaviour on October 13. Thankfully, no one was hurt and there was no permanent damage or costs associated with the clean-up. The incident was reported to the police and we trust they have this investigation in hand. We thank the local police and the community for their help and support."
Anyone with information is asked to call 101 quoting the crime reference number 42/164246/19.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 3 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 6 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 7 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 8 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 9 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 10 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire