Police appeal following ‘suspicious’ drug-related death in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for information following the “suspicious” death of a 34-year-old man.
Officers were called to a flat at Walson Way, Stansted Mountfitchet, on Saturday January 11 after paramedics arrived to assist a man who had stopped breathing.
The man was named this week as Jason Wyatt, who lived in Stansted. His death is believed to be drug-related and is being treated as suspicious.
A post mortem examination has been carried out but the cause of death will not be established until toxicology results are known.
In a statement, Mr Wyatt’s family said: “Jason was a big man but with an even bigger heart and we are proud to call him ours.
You may also want to watch:
He was a devoted and protective family man who loved nothing more than spending time with his young nieces.
“Jason made a massive impact on us all and the love and respect that he showed to his family is something that will remain with us. Jason’s death has left a huge hole in our family as well as in our hearts that will never be filled.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 9 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
“We ask that our privacy be respected at this difficult time.”
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are leading the investigation and have appealed for anyone with information to contact them on 101, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or email email@example.com
• A 56-year-old man from Stansted was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. He has been bailed until April 14 pending further enquiries.