Police appeal following ‘suspicious’ drug-related death in Stansted
- Credit: Archant
Police have appealed for information following the “suspicious” death of a 34-year-old man.
Officers were called to a flat at Walson Way, Stansted Mountfitchet, on Saturday January 11 after paramedics arrived to assist a man who had stopped breathing.
The man was named this week as Jason Wyatt, who lived in Stansted. His death is believed to be drug-related and is being treated as suspicious.
A post mortem examination has been carried out but the cause of death will not be established until toxicology results are known.
In a statement, Mr Wyatt’s family said: “Jason was a big man but with an even bigger heart and we are proud to call him ours.
You may also want to watch:
He was a devoted and protective family man who loved nothing more than spending time with his young nieces.
“Jason made a massive impact on us all and the love and respect that he showed to his family is something that will remain with us. Jason’s death has left a huge hole in our family as well as in our hearts that will never be filled.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays
“We ask that our privacy be respected at this difficult time.”
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are leading the investigation and have appealed for anyone with information to contact them on 101, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or email email@example.com
• A 56-year-old man from Stansted was arrested on suspicion of manslaughter. He has been bailed until April 14 pending further enquiries.