Police appeal for information after a four figure sum of cash is taken from a home in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a burglary in Saffron Walden which happened while the home-owners were away.
Entry was gained to the house, in Pennystone Road, between 10am on Saturday, December 28, 2013, and 3pm on Sunday, January 5.
The items stolen included a safe, a four figure sum of cash, and some personal documents.
Investigating officer, PC Victoria Butler, said: “I would urge home-owners to ensure their doors are secure and double locked, particularly if you are going away, security lighting and internal timer switches are recommended and it may also be worth fitting a cage to the back of the front door to catch the post coming through the letterbox, this could reduce the possibility of criminals gaining entry by reaching through the letterbox.”
Anyone with information should contact Pc Butler, or her colleagues at Braintree CID, on 101.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 3 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 4 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 5 England call-up for Max Malins after hat-trick in Saracens' demolition of Bath
- 6 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 7 Fine form continues with seven-up for effervescent Saffron Walden Town
- 8 Last-gasp heartbreak for Saffron Walden against unbeaten Ipswich
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost