Police appeal for information after a four figure sum of cash is taken from a home in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a burglary in Saffron Walden which happened while the home-owners were away.
Entry was gained to the house, in Pennystone Road, between 10am on Saturday, December 28, 2013, and 3pm on Sunday, January 5.
The items stolen included a safe, a four figure sum of cash, and some personal documents.
Investigating officer, PC Victoria Butler, said: “I would urge home-owners to ensure their doors are secure and double locked, particularly if you are going away, security lighting and internal timer switches are recommended and it may also be worth fitting a cage to the back of the front door to catch the post coming through the letterbox, this could reduce the possibility of criminals gaining entry by reaching through the letterbox.”
Anyone with information should contact Pc Butler, or her colleagues at Braintree CID, on 101.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal