Police appeal for information after a four figure sum of cash is taken from a home in Saffron Walden
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following a burglary in Saffron Walden which happened while the home-owners were away.
Entry was gained to the house, in Pennystone Road, between 10am on Saturday, December 28, 2013, and 3pm on Sunday, January 5.
The items stolen included a safe, a four figure sum of cash, and some personal documents.
Investigating officer, PC Victoria Butler, said: “I would urge home-owners to ensure their doors are secure and double locked, particularly if you are going away, security lighting and internal timer switches are recommended and it may also be worth fitting a cage to the back of the front door to catch the post coming through the letterbox, this could reduce the possibility of criminals gaining entry by reaching through the letterbox.”
Anyone with information should contact Pc Butler, or her colleagues at Braintree CID, on 101.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively, call independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 2 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 5 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 Saffron Striders' Mark Coutts runs from Paddington to Bristol instead of letting the train take the strain
- 8 Person dies after being struck by train in Cambridge
- 9 Roman ceramics and ancient road discovered in big archaeological dig
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays