Police appeal for information after theft of memorial to Saffron Walden teenager
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after it was confirmed that the missing memorial of a teenager killed in Saffron Walden with his grandfather was stolen.
Thieves removed the memorial to Joshua Bysouth, 13, and Michael Kidd, 66, between midday and 7pm on September 22 on the A1307 at Linton.
The small wooden cross was put up at the site of the crash, at the Balsham staggered junction, by Joshua’s father Paul after the accident on September 18, 2011.
PC Jay Taylor of Essex Police is investigating the case. “There is no reason why anyone should have taken this memorial down so we are treating it as theft,” he said.
“I would urge anyone with information about who took the memorial or where it is now to contact me.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information should contact PC Taylor on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 The number of Indian variant Covid cases in Uttlesford
- 2 Saffron Walden young triathletes dominate at national qualifier
- 3 Tools collection is a huge success
- 4 District heroes named in Queen's Birthday Honours list
- 5 Bronze Age and Roman treasures go on display at museum
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Revealed: images of new hospital that aims to be carbon neutral
- 8 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 9 Ibiza legend Dave Pearce and Clockwork Orange Andy Manston at garden party
- 10 Fête de la Musique returns to Walden - with nine music venues