Police appeal for information after theft of memorial to Saffron Walden teenager
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for information after it was confirmed that the missing memorial of a teenager killed in Saffron Walden with his grandfather was stolen.
Thieves removed the memorial to Joshua Bysouth, 13, and Michael Kidd, 66, between midday and 7pm on September 22 on the A1307 at Linton.
The small wooden cross was put up at the site of the crash, at the Balsham staggered junction, by Joshua’s father Paul after the accident on September 18, 2011.
PC Jay Taylor of Essex Police is investigating the case. “There is no reason why anyone should have taken this memorial down so we are treating it as theft,” he said.
“I would urge anyone with information about who took the memorial or where it is now to contact me.”
Anyone with information should contact PC Taylor on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 2 Police appeals into two Uttlesford incidents
- 3 Decision yet to be made on Saffron Walden's 20mph limit
- 4 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 5 Saffron Walden photographer's book a permanent record of life in a locked down town
- 6 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 7 Derby fun for Wendens Ambo as they brush off logistical headache
- 8 East of England Tourism Awards 2021-2022: Large Visitor Attraction of the Year finalists
- 9 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 10 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run