Police appeal for witnesses after driver’s windscreen smashed by air pellet on A120 near Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after the windscreen of a car was smashed in an incident near Stansted Airport.
The driver of a silver BMW, a 51-year-old woman from Dunmow, was travelling along the A120 having just turned off from the M11, at around 7am on Friday, February 7.
As she drove under the first flyover, opposite Stansted Airport, an object, believed to be an air pellet, was fired at her windscreen, from the bridge - which caused it to smash.
A man dressed all in black clothing was seen on the bridge at the same time.
The woman was not hurt but her car was damaged.
Anybody with any information should contact Pc Red Leeson at Saffron Walden on Essex Police 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Essex parents fear return to remote lessons amid school staff shortage
- 2 Proposed law which sparked Saffron Walden protests suffers House of Lords defeat
- 3 Consultation on traffic in Walden's Market Square ends on Monday
- 4 Essex Young Farmers celebrate Plough Sunday with Thaxted tractor run
- 5 Walden author unveils third book, with a touching dedication
- 6 Fire and ambulance crews rescue after serious M11 crash
- 7 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 8 Penalty heartbreak for Saffron Walden as FA Vase dreams come to an end
- 9 Things to do in Essex February 2022
- 10 Protesters call on Kemi Badenoch MP to oppose controversial crime bill