Police appeal for witnesses after driver’s windscreen smashed by air pellet on A120 near Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after the windscreen of a car was smashed in an incident near Stansted Airport.
The driver of a silver BMW, a 51-year-old woman from Dunmow, was travelling along the A120 having just turned off from the M11, at around 7am on Friday, February 7.
As she drove under the first flyover, opposite Stansted Airport, an object, believed to be an air pellet, was fired at her windscreen, from the bridge - which caused it to smash.
A man dressed all in black clothing was seen on the bridge at the same time.
The woman was not hurt but her car was damaged.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with any information should contact Pc Red Leeson at Saffron Walden on Essex Police 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal