Police appeal for witnesses after driver’s windscreen smashed by air pellet on A120 near Stansted Airport
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses after the windscreen of a car was smashed in an incident near Stansted Airport.
The driver of a silver BMW, a 51-year-old woman from Dunmow, was travelling along the A120 having just turned off from the M11, at around 7am on Friday, February 7.
As she drove under the first flyover, opposite Stansted Airport, an object, believed to be an air pellet, was fired at her windscreen, from the bridge - which caused it to smash.
A man dressed all in black clothing was seen on the bridge at the same time.
The woman was not hurt but her car was damaged.
You may also want to watch:
Anybody with any information should contact Pc Red Leeson at Saffron Walden on Essex Police 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 3 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 4 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 5 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 6 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 7 Circuit star William Gilbank sets sights on professional sport
- 8 'Enjoy a slice of Essex on hospitality day', says culture chief
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story