Police become increasingly worried about missing Essex 82-year-old – public urged to share missing man on Facebook and retweet on Twitter to help trace Gordon Wilson
- Credit: Archant
Members of the public are being urged to use social media to help find an 82-year-old man who has been missing for four days.
Gordon Wilson has been missing from his Leaden Roding home since Sunday, when he was last seen by neighbours at about 11am.
He was meat to have Sunday lunch with his daughter, but when she arrived Mr Wilson was not home.
Mr Wilson, who has vascular dementia, is thought to have left home on foot with a little cash and some medication.
Officers believe he boarded the Arriva 352 bus towards Great Leighs from Chelmsford Bus Station at just before 1pm on Sunday.
Mr Wilson, who is 5ft 11in-tall, enjoys long walks and has a bus pass that he may be using to travel. His health means he can become confused and have difficulty speaking.
Officers are also looking into whether Mr Wilson has travelled to Glasgow, where he lived for more than 70 years and served as headteacher at Shawlands Academy.
- 1 Nearly 100 homes planned for former Friends' School
- 2 Life-saving kit that residents hope they will never use
- 3 Debbie Bland Foundation launched in memory of kind mum
- 4 Thaxted care home will light up to raise awareness of rare disorder
- 5 Major supermarkets order urgent product recalls over salmonella fears
- 6 'Cat bite could have killed me': Many operations for rescuer
- 7 Forget Me Not Café welcomes funding boost
- 8 Last veterans of the 6th Airborne Division honoured in poignant IWM Duxford exhibition
- 9 Hidden secrets, free medals, live jazz for Platinum Jubilee
- 10 May Day Fun Run returns after two years
Mr Wilson is described as being of medium build with grey thinning hair. He wears glasses and was last seen wearing a sports jacket which is either checked or navy. He usually wears a shirt, tie and jumper.
Acting Chief Supt Ewen Wilson said: “It is worrying when anyone goes missing for this length of time but Mr Wilson’s age and health concerns make his disappearance even more concerning.
“My officers and I are continuing to make extensive enquiries to find Mr Wilson but I’m appealing for help from the public. We’re running appeals across our Facebook and Twitter channels so please share and re-tweet these and help us find this elderly gentleman.”
Anyone who thinks they may have seen Mr Wilson is asked to call Essex Police urgently on 101.