Police called out after reports of group with shotgun in town
INVESTIGATIONS are continuing today after police officers were deployed to Haverhill yesterday following a report that a group of people were seen with a firearm last night.
Police received a call at 7.13pm from a member of the public reporting to have witnessed the group with a shotgun and that the weapon had been discharged near to Dudley Hill.
Following a search of the area police attended a property in Helions Park Avenue, where a group was located.
Thorough enquiries were carried out but no one at the property was thought to have been involved in the incident and no arrests were made.
Police conducted house to house enquiries and there was no further evidence found of a firearms offence.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Several Saffron Walden businesses 'permanently closed since pandemic'
- 2 Covid-19 fast-testing centre opens in Uttlesford for asymptomatic residents
- 3 Another planning application as previous rejection prepares for appeal
- 4 Villages around Saffron Walden covered in frost and snow
- 5 Uttlesford Covid case rates decline means they are now the lowest in Essex
- 6 Council row over near £1 million underspend on road repairs
- 7 'I can walk 500 miles' - chairman's Scottish celebrations during charity trek
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 10 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council