Police called out after reports of group with shotgun in town
INVESTIGATIONS are continuing today after police officers were deployed to Haverhill yesterday following a report that a group of people were seen with a firearm last night.
Police received a call at 7.13pm from a member of the public reporting to have witnessed the group with a shotgun and that the weapon had been discharged near to Dudley Hill.
Following a search of the area police attended a property in Helions Park Avenue, where a group was located.
Thorough enquiries were carried out but no one at the property was thought to have been involved in the incident and no arrests were made.
Police conducted house to house enquiries and there was no further evidence found of a firearms offence.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 2 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 3 New Walden mayor announces his charities for the year
- 4 Old pirate ship climbing frame is removed for safety
- 5 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 6 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 7 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 8 Concerns that Covid lockdowns has caused fitness levels to drop
- 9 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 10 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton