Police called out after reports of group with shotgun in town
INVESTIGATIONS are continuing today after police officers were deployed to Haverhill yesterday following a report that a group of people were seen with a firearm last night.
Police received a call at 7.13pm from a member of the public reporting to have witnessed the group with a shotgun and that the weapon had been discharged near to Dudley Hill.
Following a search of the area police attended a property in Helions Park Avenue, where a group was located.
Thorough enquiries were carried out but no one at the property was thought to have been involved in the incident and no arrests were made.
Police conducted house to house enquiries and there was no further evidence found of a firearms offence.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information about the incident should call police on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Kemi Badenoch MP secures new brief in September reshuffle
- 2 Reporter wins award for Uttlesford news articles
- 3 M11 targeted in week of motorway protests
- 4 'We're not closing down day centres', says council
- 5 Covid booster jab sessions due to start at Lord Butler
- 6 Andy Scott's Chornic Kidney Disease story
- 7 Libraries campaign group is concerned at consultation plan
- 8 Victorian Horses and riders wow at Audley End event
- 9 Appeal to find Stansted teen, missing for five days
- 10 Astronomy: What to look for in the sky this September