Police close road in Thaxted following ‘serious accident’
- Credit: Archant
A ‘serious accident’ has forced the closure of a road in Thaxted.
Police have warned motorists to avoid the B184 Dunmow Road, between Mill End and Monk Street, after a crash led to the road being closed in both directions this afternoon (Tuesday).
A van and a car were involved in the crash, which happened shortly before 4pm. Firefighters used cutting equipment to free two men who were trapped – one in each vehicle.
Two ambulances, a response car, and paramedics from the East Anglian and Herts Air Ambulance services were called to the scene.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We’re treating two casualties who have been trapped in their vehicles for around an hour. They’ve suffered serious leg injuries and will be conveyed to hospital as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Police have said the road closure is expected to last “a few hours”.
- 1 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 2 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 3 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 4 No Time To Die is 'a bloated but entertaining slice of spy action'
- 5 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 6 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 7 Historic books have new 'long loan' home to help researchers
- 8 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road
- 9 It's pumpkin picking season again at Cammas Hall Farm as Halloween approaches
- 10 There With You This Winter: Uttlesford Foodbank