Police close road in Thaxted following ‘serious accident’
- Credit: Archant
A ‘serious accident’ has forced the closure of a road in Thaxted.
Police have warned motorists to avoid the B184 Dunmow Road, between Mill End and Monk Street, after a crash led to the road being closed in both directions this afternoon (Tuesday).
A van and a car were involved in the crash, which happened shortly before 4pm. Firefighters used cutting equipment to free two men who were trapped – one in each vehicle.
Two ambulances, a response car, and paramedics from the East Anglian and Herts Air Ambulance services were called to the scene.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said: “We’re treating two casualties who have been trapped in their vehicles for around an hour. They’ve suffered serious leg injuries and will be conveyed to hospital as soon as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
Police have said the road closure is expected to last “a few hours”.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 5 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 6 Uttlesford residents help council map 'vital' green spaces
- 7 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Revealed: UDC considers almost 300 possible new development sites
- 9 Essex filmmaker's animated journey through the universe to be shown at Saffron Screen
- 10 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?