Police continue to question 23-year-old man over Stansted double murder
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating a double murder in Stansted are continuing to question a 23-year-old man.
Two people, a man in his 60s and a woman aged in her 50s, died inside the house in Bentfield Gardens despite the best efforts of paramedics to save them. The pair are not believed to be related.
A police spokesperson said: “Following calls to the address just before 11pm last night (July 22), the man was arrested nearby and taken into custody.”
DCI Simon Werrett, leading the investigation, said: “This is a shocking crime to happen in a rural village and at this stage I am not looking for any other suspects in connection with the deaths. I do not believe that this was a random attack.
“There is currently a cordon around the property which will remain for some days yet as we continue a detailed forensic examination of the house and searches of the outside areas.
You may also want to watch:
“I am very keen to hear from anyone who knew the occupants or who has any information on what may have happened last night to contact me or my team.
“Alternatively you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.”
- 1 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 4 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 Jets and Falcons fly out of Stansted after their NFL London showdown
- 8 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 9 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road