Police launch Christmas campaign
A SACKFUL of festive crime prevention advice will be on offer during December.
Cambridgeshire police launched its Get Closer to Christmas campaign on Saturday (December 1) which will run throughout the festive period.
From deterring drink drivers to beating the burglars, there will be something for everyone to help cut crime and prevent criminals cashing in this Christmas.
A dedicated website has been set up with a daily blog offering advice and handy links for support and advice.
There are tips on how to stay safe on nights out during the Christmas period and advice on deterring thieves.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the campaign will ensure everyone who lives, works, studies and visits Cambridgeshire will enjoy a crime-free Christmas.
The campaign launched with a video message from Chief Constable Simon Parr on Saturday.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
To follow the blog, visit getclosertochristmas.org or cambs.police.uk and follow the links.
You can also follow the updates on Twitter using #GetClosertoChristmas