Police launch Christmas campaign
A SACKFUL of festive crime prevention advice will be on offer during December.
Cambridgeshire police launched its Get Closer to Christmas campaign on Saturday (December 1) which will run throughout the festive period.
From deterring drink drivers to beating the burglars, there will be something for everyone to help cut crime and prevent criminals cashing in this Christmas.
A dedicated website has been set up with a daily blog offering advice and handy links for support and advice.
There are tips on how to stay safe on nights out during the Christmas period and advice on deterring thieves.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the campaign will ensure everyone who lives, works, studies and visits Cambridgeshire will enjoy a crime-free Christmas.
The campaign launched with a video message from Chief Constable Simon Parr on Saturday.
- 1 Market Square event organisers "amazed" at popularity of dine-out event
- 2 Wiseman dynasty gets new star as 15-year-old Max hits first senior ton
- 3 New mayor, deputy mayor and leader appointed for town council
- 4 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 5 Here's what you can do from May 17 as Covid restrictions ease
- 6 Walden teddy bear shop to relocate to new venue
- 7 Stick to the paths while bluebells bloom, says Essex Wildlife Trust
- 8 Ex-prison governor on writing, retirement and baking at Angela Reed
- 9 Front garden VE Day display planned in Great Chesterford
- 10 Deadline week for Stansted planners amid latest appeal
To follow the blog, visit getclosertochristmas.org or cambs.police.uk and follow the links.
You can also follow the updates on Twitter using #GetClosertoChristmas