Police launch Christmas campaign
A SACKFUL of festive crime prevention advice will be on offer during December.
Cambridgeshire police launched its Get Closer to Christmas campaign on Saturday (December 1) which will run throughout the festive period.
From deterring drink drivers to beating the burglars, there will be something for everyone to help cut crime and prevent criminals cashing in this Christmas.
A dedicated website has been set up with a daily blog offering advice and handy links for support and advice.
There are tips on how to stay safe on nights out during the Christmas period and advice on deterring thieves.
You may also want to watch:
It is hoped the campaign will ensure everyone who lives, works, studies and visits Cambridgeshire will enjoy a crime-free Christmas.
The campaign launched with a video message from Chief Constable Simon Parr on Saturday.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 5 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 6 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 7 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
To follow the blog, visit getclosertochristmas.org or cambs.police.uk and follow the links.
You can also follow the updates on Twitter using #GetClosertoChristmas