Police reforms, waste strategy and New Homes Bonus the topics of community meeting
TWO public meetings covering three important current issues in the district are being held next month.
Members of the public are encouraged to attend one of the Community Forum meetings, organised by Uttlesford District Council.
The topics for discussion at each meeting are the council’s waste strategy, the New Homes Bonus and the police reforms.
Each of these topics has been the subject of public interest recently and the meetings will allow those attending to hear directly from the organisations responsible for implementing the initiatives as well as the opportunity to ask questions.
Through the waste strategy, Uttlesford District Council is proposing to make various changes to the current system, including introducing kerbside glass recycling, changing the brown bins for smaller kitchen caddies and introducing a subscription-based garden waste kerbside collection service. It is also discussing reducing the number of bottle banks in the district and is consulting parish councils about the future of the garden waste skip service.
You may also want to watch:
The New Homes Bonus is money paid by central government to the district council, which in turn will to be used for the good of the community. It is based on the number of new homes built in the area.
For each of the three topics a presentation will be given by the relevant organisation. Following these, people attending will have plenty of opportunity to ask any questions they like about them.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 3 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Delight at repairs grant which will also support specialist building trade
- 6 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Actor Ray Winstone's video appeal helps double air ambulance's 'brick' sales
- 9 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 10 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
The South Community Forum is on Tuesday October 4 at Helena Romanes School in Parsonage Downs, Great Dunmow. T
he North Community Forum is on Thursday October 6 at Uttlesford District Council’s offices in London Road, Saffron Walden.
For both meetings, doors open at 7.15pm and each meeting will start at 7.30pm.