Police reforms, waste strategy and New Homes Bonus the topics of community meeting
TWO public meetings covering three important current issues in the district are being held next month.
Members of the public are encouraged to attend one of the Community Forum meetings, organised by Uttlesford District Council.
The topics for discussion at each meeting are the council’s waste strategy, the New Homes Bonus and the police reforms.
Each of these topics has been the subject of public interest recently and the meetings will allow those attending to hear directly from the organisations responsible for implementing the initiatives as well as the opportunity to ask questions.
Through the waste strategy, Uttlesford District Council is proposing to make various changes to the current system, including introducing kerbside glass recycling, changing the brown bins for smaller kitchen caddies and introducing a subscription-based garden waste kerbside collection service. It is also discussing reducing the number of bottle banks in the district and is consulting parish councils about the future of the garden waste skip service.
You may also want to watch:
The New Homes Bonus is money paid by central government to the district council, which in turn will to be used for the good of the community. It is based on the number of new homes built in the area.
For each of the three topics a presentation will be given by the relevant organisation. Following these, people attending will have plenty of opportunity to ask any questions they like about them.
- 1 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 2 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 3 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 7 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
- 8 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 9 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 10 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
The South Community Forum is on Tuesday October 4 at Helena Romanes School in Parsonage Downs, Great Dunmow. T
he North Community Forum is on Thursday October 6 at Uttlesford District Council’s offices in London Road, Saffron Walden.
For both meetings, doors open at 7.15pm and each meeting will start at 7.30pm.