Police release CCTV images of Uttlesford and Braintree burglary gang
- Credit: Archant
CCTV and e-fit images of gang members believed to be responsible for a number of burglaries in the Uttlesford and Braintree area have been released by police.
Jewellery was taken from a home in Mope Lane, Wickham Bishops, after a burglary in February 18, and on March 5, watches, jewellery and a safe containing a diamond ring were stolen from a house in Robinhood End, Stambourne.
Pc David Smith said: “These e-fit images are of two members of a three-person gang responsible for burglaries in the Uttlesford and Braintree area.
“They have been targeting large, rural properties, forcing their way through electric gates, and stealing jewellery from inside.
“Their getaway vehicle has been a dark grey or black Audi S5 2010/2011 model, with silver wing mirrors. It had a cloned number plate with the index EJ62 VEW.
You may also want to watch:
“If anyone has seen this vehicle, recognises these men, or has any information about any of these incidents, I’d urge them to come forward.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Pc Smith at Braintree Police Station on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 3 Town council challenges water softening decision
- 4 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 7 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 8 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 9 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 10 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes