Police release hi-tech images of man wanted in connection with Felsted assault
- Credit: Archant
DETECTIVES have used the latest photo-imaging technology in a renewed appeal to find a man who indecently assaulted a girl at a school in Felsted.
A 35-year-old man who was arrested in connection with the incident has now been released from his bail, but the investigation is continuing with a fresh appeal to find the suspect and potential witnesses.
The investigation team has released two photographs of a suspect using the latest EvoFIT techniques that allows a more realistic image to be composed.
Although the pictures are of the same image, one version appears narrower than usual, using perceptual stretching, which experts believe significantly improves the ability to correctly recognise the face.
The scientists found that looking at the face from side-on is a practical new method to further improve the identification of EvoFITs.
You may also want to watch:
Deputy senior investigating officer, DI Terri Hooke said: “The new image is photo-like and will hopefully allow members of the public to associate it as a real person as someone they know or recognise. I ask that those with any information regarding this matter contact my detectives.
“The incident occurred shortly before 11am on Tuesday January 8 following reports that a man had approached a girl at a school at Braintree Road in Felsted and threatened her with violence.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 3 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Researchers collaborate with students in protein art project
- 6 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 7 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 8 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
- 9 Cambridge Film Festival returns for its 40th outing
- 10 County council promises arts boost for Essex
“The schoolgirl managed to escape and ran off before alerting a teacher.
“If you were in the area of the school between 10.30am and 11.30am on Tuesday January 8 and saw a man matching the physical or clothing description given, please contact us.”
The man was white, had crooked teeth, was aged about 30, about 5ft 10in tall and had short, dark brown hair which was gelled up. At the time, he was wearing jeans, a blue hoodie with white tassels and trainers.
Anyone with information in connection with this assault is urged to contact detectives at Shrub End (North SOIT Office) on 101 or e-mail SOIT@essex.pnn.police.uk