Police renew appeal after Saffron Walden motorcyclist killed in crash
POLICE are renewing their appeal for information after a motorcyclist from Saffron Walden was killed in a crash yesterday (Wednesday).
The collision happened in Hempstead when a red Honda CBR 125 and a grey Ford Focus struck each other on the B1054 between Boytons Lane and Water Lane shortly after 7am.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 30s, was certified dead at the scene. Police said he was unlikely to be named for several days while post-mortem tests were carried out.
A 29-year-old man from Haverhill was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He was subsequently released on police bail until Wednesday, August 22 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A section of the road was closed for seven hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their enquiries and debris was cleared from the road.
Anyone with information in connection with the crash is urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 or email email@example.com.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 3 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 4 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 5 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 6 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 7 BID hears that shopping locally in Covid pandemic has helped Walden
- 8 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 9 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 10 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows