Police renew appeal after Saffron Walden motorcyclist killed in crash
POLICE are renewing their appeal for information after a motorcyclist from Saffron Walden was killed in a crash yesterday (Wednesday).
The collision happened in Hempstead when a red Honda CBR 125 and a grey Ford Focus struck each other on the B1054 between Boytons Lane and Water Lane shortly after 7am.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 30s, was certified dead at the scene. Police said he was unlikely to be named for several days while post-mortem tests were carried out.
A 29-year-old man from Haverhill was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He was subsequently released on police bail until Wednesday, August 22 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A section of the road was closed for seven hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their enquiries and debris was cleared from the road.
Anyone with information in connection with the crash is urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 6 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 7 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 8 Stansted Airport's summer getaway flight figures
- 9 Disabled resident compensated after Uttlesford council 'fault'
- 10 In pictures: Uttlesford pupils' fun before the summer holidays