Police renew appeal after Saffron Walden motorcyclist killed in crash
POLICE are renewing their appeal for information after a motorcyclist from Saffron Walden was killed in a crash yesterday (Wednesday).
The collision happened in Hempstead when a red Honda CBR 125 and a grey Ford Focus struck each other on the B1054 between Boytons Lane and Water Lane shortly after 7am.
The motorcyclist, a man in his 30s, was certified dead at the scene. Police said he was unlikely to be named for several days while post-mortem tests were carried out.
A 29-year-old man from Haverhill was arrested at the scene on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving.
He was subsequently released on police bail until Wednesday, August 22 pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
A section of the road was closed for seven hours while forensic collision investigators carried out their enquiries and debris was cleared from the road.
Anyone with information in connection with the crash is urged to contact Essex Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 Dedicated children's hospital set for Cambridge
- 2 An afternoon at the Proms for Mountfitchet House residents
- 3 Chelmsford bypass 'could provide strategic link' to Stansted Airport
- 4 First 'building block' of Harlow town centre major regeneration approved
- 5 Nursery school faces 'imminent closure' without cash boost
- 6 Minute silence at council meeting for 'kind-hearted' Uttlesford officer
- 7 David Walliams’ Gangsta Granny coming to Cambridge stage
- 8 Church praises members for 'fantastic' Harvest Time generosity
- 9 Tributes pour in after death of Essex MP Sir David Amess
- 10 More Extra Care and retirement homes set for Radwinter Road