Police say Essex house fire was arson; appeal for information
A HOUSE in Takeley will have to be pulled down following a devastating fire – and police believe it was arson
Detectives are appealing for information following the blaze, which happened when a house on Brewers End caught alight around 3:30am on Thursday, August 23.
The incident is being treated as suspicious and a 45-year-old Harlow man is currently on police bail until late October after having been arrested at the end of August on suspicion of committing arson.
Investigating Officer, Ds Ciara Mullan, said: “We’re looking to speak with those individuals who may have seen any suspicious activity or unusually-placed vehicles during the early hours of that Thursday morning.”
The house was empty at the time. Engineers believe the building will have to be demolished as a result of the fire damage it has sustained.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this fire is urged to contact detectives at Harlow police station on 101.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 3 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 4 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 7 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park
- 8 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 9 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 10 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100