Police say Essex house fire was arson; appeal for information
A HOUSE in Takeley will have to be pulled down following a devastating fire – and police believe it was arson
Detectives are appealing for information following the blaze, which happened when a house on Brewers End caught alight around 3:30am on Thursday, August 23.
The incident is being treated as suspicious and a 45-year-old Harlow man is currently on police bail until late October after having been arrested at the end of August on suspicion of committing arson.
Investigating Officer, Ds Ciara Mullan, said: “We’re looking to speak with those individuals who may have seen any suspicious activity or unusually-placed vehicles during the early hours of that Thursday morning.”
The house was empty at the time. Engineers believe the building will have to be demolished as a result of the fire damage it has sustained.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this fire is urged to contact detectives at Harlow police station on 101.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 New on-call firefighters have joined stations
- 10 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease