Police say Essex house fire was arson; appeal for information
A HOUSE in Takeley will have to be pulled down following a devastating fire – and police believe it was arson
Detectives are appealing for information following the blaze, which happened when a house on Brewers End caught alight around 3:30am on Thursday, August 23.
The incident is being treated as suspicious and a 45-year-old Harlow man is currently on police bail until late October after having been arrested at the end of August on suspicion of committing arson.
Investigating Officer, Ds Ciara Mullan, said: “We’re looking to speak with those individuals who may have seen any suspicious activity or unusually-placed vehicles during the early hours of that Thursday morning.”
The house was empty at the time. Engineers believe the building will have to be demolished as a result of the fire damage it has sustained.
Anyone with information in connection with this fire is urged to contact detectives at Harlow police station on 101.
- 1 Essex report into Covid deaths and residents with learning disabilities
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Fire safety measures approved for Harlow council homes
- 4 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 5 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 6 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 7 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 8 Bumper weekend of Christmas events set for Saffron Walden
- 9 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 10 Christmas in Essex: 9 magical places to visit in winter