Police say Essex house fire was arson; appeal for information
A HOUSE in Takeley will have to be pulled down following a devastating fire – and police believe it was arson
Detectives are appealing for information following the blaze, which happened when a house on Brewers End caught alight around 3:30am on Thursday, August 23.
The incident is being treated as suspicious and a 45-year-old Harlow man is currently on police bail until late October after having been arrested at the end of August on suspicion of committing arson.
Investigating Officer, Ds Ciara Mullan, said: “We’re looking to speak with those individuals who may have seen any suspicious activity or unusually-placed vehicles during the early hours of that Thursday morning.”
The house was empty at the time. Engineers believe the building will have to be demolished as a result of the fire damage it has sustained.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone with information in connection with this fire is urged to contact detectives at Harlow police station on 101.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 7 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely