Popular Christmas songs on the agenda for Saffron Walden Choral Society
GET into the spirit of Christmas with two musical treats from the Saffron Walden Choral Society (SWCS) on Saturday December 5. These popular annual concerts, which include traditional carols as well as more modern Christmas songs, are guaranteed to put ev
GET into the spirit of Christmas with two musical treats from the Saffron Walden Choral Society (SWCS) on Saturday December 5.
These popular annual concerts, which include traditional carols as well as more modern Christmas songs, are guaranteed to put everyone in the festive mood.
Being held at St Mary's Church in Saffron Walden, at 2pm and 5.30pm, the choral society's Spirit of Christmas concerts are a family treat.
Children from local primary and secondary schools will be joining with SWCS singers for a fabulous seasonal programme.
You may also want to watch:
It is a real choral extravaganza that also features opportunities for the audience to join in with well-known carols. One of the highlights of the event is the excitement of hearing the winning entries in this year's Compose a Carol competition.
The church will be specially illuminated for the concert creating a fine backdrop for what promises to be a heavenly blend of angelic voices.
- 1 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 2 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 3 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 4 Stations benefit from funding
- 5 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 6 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40
- 7 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 8 Campaign seeks free products in Uttlesford's public buildings
- 9 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 10 Surgeon wins top award for hip research
Tickets are �6 for adults, �4 for concessions and �1 for an accompanied child. Family tickets (two adults and three children) can be purchased for �12.
Tickets are available from participating schools, Saffron Walden Tourist Information Centre on the Market Square, by calling SWCS on 01279 812849 or on the door.