Popular Essex music venue is temporarily closed
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR music venue in Essex has temporarily closed.
High Barn, in Great Bardfield, has been forced to shut its doors following “complications” with the sale of the 14th century grade II* listed building.
A statement posted on the High Barn website read: “It is with great regret and huge sadness that we have to announce the temporary closure of The High Barn. The venue is in the process of being sold and due to complications in the sale process we have been unable to insure the venue to hold public performances at this time.
“We are working hard to resolve this matter and we hope to get back up and running as soon as possible.
“Our phone lines will be unmanned for the time being, but please direct all questions and enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
“We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.”
The venue has played host to a variety of top performers, including X-Factor winners Matt Cardle and Joe McElderry and singer/songwriters Newton Faulkner and Ed Sheerhan.
- 1 Plan to ease congestion at M11 junction 8 gets underway
- 2 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 3 Road building not the answer to Essex's transport woes, says campaigner
- 4 Driver shortage leaves Walden pupil without school transport
- 5 In pictures: Burns Night at Walden's The Railway Arms
- 6 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 7 Solar farm planning application near Thaxted
- 8 Saffron Striders enjoy home leg of inter-club cross-country championship
- 9 Suspected crowbar assault leaves Stansted driver with serious injuries
- 10 Radical women of Saffron Walden walking tour
The building is currently on the market, with offers in the region of £1.25million.