Popular Essex music venue is temporarily closed
- Credit: Archant
A POPULAR music venue in Essex has temporarily closed.
High Barn, in Great Bardfield, has been forced to shut its doors following “complications” with the sale of the 14th century grade II* listed building.
A statement posted on the High Barn website read: “It is with great regret and huge sadness that we have to announce the temporary closure of The High Barn. The venue is in the process of being sold and due to complications in the sale process we have been unable to insure the venue to hold public performances at this time.
“We are working hard to resolve this matter and we hope to get back up and running as soon as possible.
“Our phone lines will be unmanned for the time being, but please direct all questions and enquiries to email@example.com
You may also want to watch:
“We are very sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.”
The venue has played host to a variety of top performers, including X-Factor winners Matt Cardle and Joe McElderry and singer/songwriters Newton Faulkner and Ed Sheerhan.
- 1 First business to sponsor Walden's Dance in the Square 2021
- 2 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 3 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 4 Lockdown easing: Saffron Walden Museum to reopen on May 20
- 5 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 6 Lana's efforts help to feed the community
- 7 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 8 Local elections 2021: UDC ward results for Newport and The Sampfords
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 Roger Hirst remains in place in Police, Fire and Crime Commissioner elections
The building is currently on the market, with offers in the region of £1.25million.