Popular Societies Showcase returns in Saffron Walden
Are you looking for something to do in the long summer evenings? Do you want to meet new people who share your interests? Are you new to the area and want to find out what clubs and societies are available for you to join?
If so, Saffron Walden Initiative’s popular Societies Showcase will be held in the Town Hall on Saturday (June 7), from 10am to 2pm.
It gives people the chance to find out about the activities of nearly 30 local clubs, societies and community groups, enquire about membership, and join up on the spot.
The clubs attending this year offer a wide variety of activities. Ever-popular clubs returning are The Art of Tai Ji Quan, The Friends of Bridge End Gardens, and the Saffron Walden Camera Club.
Amongst the new clubs attending will be the Saffron Computer Club, Dig-it Community Allotment group and Freshwell Youth Art and Crafts, while other youth groups attending include the 1st Saffron Walden Boys’ Brigade and Saffron Walden District Girl-Guiding.
You may also want to watch:
The Museum Society will be holding a fun quiz, and The Music Hall Society will be there to promote their latest production and hear from anyone looking for performance or back-stage opportunities.
There will also be a grand prize draw. To enter, pick up a flyer from the Tourist Information Centre, library and various shops in the town, or on the door on Saturday, fill in your details and hand it in at the Saffron Walden Initiative stand in the town hall on Saturday.
- 1 Walden club requests you donate your unwanted tools
- 2 Holidaymakers fly abroad again out of Stansted Airport
- 3 Award for carpentry apprentice who follows her father into the industry
- 4 Mayor presents vouchers to help foodbank clients
- 5 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 6 Further registrars speak out in wedding consultation row
- 7 Hoarding can cause higher risk of fire, says emergency service
- 8 Saffron Walden shakeup in county council elections
- 9 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 10 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results