Popular Soul & Motown band return for 10th Saffron Walden Dance in the Square
BY popular request The Freddie Hall Band has been invited back for this year’s 10th FREE Dance in the Square on Bank Holiday Saturday (August 25).
The band will feature Soul and Motown music and the event - organised by the Saffron Walden Initiative - starts at 7.45pm and runs until 10.30pm.
Some tables and chairs will be provided and there will be a hog roast from the Giggly Pig, a drinks stall from the King’s Arms and coffee from Nigel Sault Mobile Coffee.
Freddie Hall is a singer/songwriter and guitar player who enjoys singing jazz standards, blues blended with contemporary pop songs and original compositions. His style of music has been influenced by the likes of Nat King Cole, The Temptations (whom he sang with in Orlando, Florida), Ray Charles and Van Morrison.
Freddie lived in Las Vegas for a number of years and performed on the Las Vegas Strip at different casinos such as the Westward Ho Casino, The Hacienda, the Jockey Club and Caesar’s Palace. One of his biggest joys was performing on the Gong Show. Yes, he did win.
You may also want to watch:
Freddie is an entertainer who engages his audiences and captivates them with his soulful voice and stage presence. In addition to music, his passion is providing intervention to children with speech and language disorders. Currently he is living in Huntingdon.
The event sponsors are Harts, Mullucks Wells, Ridgeons, Saffron Walden Laundry, Saffron Walden Town Council and Waitrose.
- 1 Walden's new healthcare hub taking shape - as doctors surgery goes on market for £1.4m
- 2 Uttlesford's shops still suffer from low footfall, Google data shows
- 3 Dunmow and Stansted councillors not in new Essex County Council cabinet
- 4 First day at school after beating Covid-19 while being treated for cancer
- 5 Delight as books are donated to school's learning centre
- 6 Former Mayor looking forward to lockdown easing
- 7 Uttlesford District Council chief executive is stepping down
- 8 Neighbourhood Plan Referendum results
- 9 The Stansted couple on an #HDHike for Huntington's disease
- 10 New on-call firefighters have joined stations