Popular Soul & Motown band return for 10th Saffron Walden Dance in the Square
BY popular request The Freddie Hall Band has been invited back for this year’s 10th FREE Dance in the Square on Bank Holiday Saturday (August 25).
The band will feature Soul and Motown music and the event - organised by the Saffron Walden Initiative - starts at 7.45pm and runs until 10.30pm.
Some tables and chairs will be provided and there will be a hog roast from the Giggly Pig, a drinks stall from the King’s Arms and coffee from Nigel Sault Mobile Coffee.
Freddie Hall is a singer/songwriter and guitar player who enjoys singing jazz standards, blues blended with contemporary pop songs and original compositions. His style of music has been influenced by the likes of Nat King Cole, The Temptations (whom he sang with in Orlando, Florida), Ray Charles and Van Morrison.
Freddie lived in Las Vegas for a number of years and performed on the Las Vegas Strip at different casinos such as the Westward Ho Casino, The Hacienda, the Jockey Club and Caesar’s Palace. One of his biggest joys was performing on the Gong Show. Yes, he did win.
You may also want to watch:
Freddie is an entertainer who engages his audiences and captivates them with his soulful voice and stage presence. In addition to music, his passion is providing intervention to children with speech and language disorders. Currently he is living in Huntingdon.
The event sponsors are Harts, Mullucks Wells, Ridgeons, Saffron Walden Laundry, Saffron Walden Town Council and Waitrose.
- 1 Extension lead warning after fatal fire in Saffron Walden
- 2 Saffron Walden Town through in FA Vase after dramatic ending
- 3 New solar farm policy 'ducks the main issues', say campaigners
- 4 What is the government's Plan B for Covid this winter?
- 5 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 6 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 7 From Star Wars to Cambridge Arts Theatre... Actor Ian McDiarmid talks about The Lemon Table
- 8 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 9 Gardeners behind the best-kept Saffron Walden allotments named
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital