Primary School pupils design t-shirts for fun run
PARTICIPANTS in the Clavering Fun Run will be decked out in a exciting-looking t-shirt designed by a primary school pupil.
The Fun Run takes place on Sunday (March 20) and organisers, the Clavering Running Club committee, invited Clavering Primary School to design a t-shirt to promote the event.
Almost 160 pupils from the school took part. A winner was chosen from each class and then an overall winner – 10-year-old Hannah Blackaby – was selected.
Headteacher Rosalind Allsop said: “The winning design captured our attention as it was eye-catching, colourful and played on the words ‘Fun’and ‘Run’ in the design.
“As a school we look for opportunities to support the local community and be part of village projects. Last summer the children named the new houses in Clavering.
You may also want to watch:
“The children thoroughly enjoyed taking part in this competition and the winners were awarded prizes in our assembly.”
For an entry form to take part in the Fun Run, or for more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the race director on 01799 550583. Entries will be taken on the day if space.
- 1 Essex County Council approves council tax increase
- 2 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 3 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 4 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 5 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 6 Town council backs new support club
- 7 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 8 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 9 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 10 Greater Anglia temporarily reduces train services due to pandemic
All proceeds jointly go to Clavering Church and Clavering & Arkesden Pre-School.