Primary School pupils design t-shirts for fun run
PARTICIPANTS in the Clavering Fun Run will be decked out in a exciting-looking t-shirt designed by a primary school pupil.
The Fun Run takes place on Sunday (March 20) and organisers, the Clavering Running Club committee, invited Clavering Primary School to design a t-shirt to promote the event.
Almost 160 pupils from the school took part. A winner was chosen from each class and then an overall winner – 10-year-old Hannah Blackaby – was selected.
Headteacher Rosalind Allsop said: “The winning design captured our attention as it was eye-catching, colourful and played on the words ‘Fun’and ‘Run’ in the design.
“As a school we look for opportunities to support the local community and be part of village projects. Last summer the children named the new houses in Clavering.
You may also want to watch:
“The children thoroughly enjoyed taking part in this competition and the winners were awarded prizes in our assembly.”
For an entry form to take part in the Fun Run, or for more information, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call the race director on 01799 550583. Entries will be taken on the day if space.
- 1 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 2 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 3 Audley End Miniature Railway celebrates a lockdown easing sellout
- 4 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 5 St Mary's service held to mark death of Prince Philip
- 6 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 7 More work needed ahead of holiday easing, Stansted says
- 8 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 9 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision
All proceeds jointly go to Clavering Church and Clavering & Arkesden Pre-School.