Printmaker Michael Rothenstein exhibits work at Saffron Walden gallery
MANY new works will be appearing for the first time at the Fry Art Gallery s autumn exhibition. The gallery on Castle Street, Saffron Walden, will be exhibiting work by printmaker Michael Rothenstein until Sunday October 25. The selling exhibition, entitl
MANY new works will be appearing for the first time at the Fry Art Gallery's autumn exhibition.
The gallery on Castle Street, Saffron Walden, will be exhibiting work by printmaker Michael Rothenstein until Sunday October 25.
The selling exhibition, entitled Four Decades of Printmaking, features some forty woodcuts, linocuts and screenprints, both framed and unframed.
Encompassing four decades in the career of this well-known and innovative printmaker, the works displayed range from the early linocuts of the 1950s to the bolder, colourful woodcuts of the early 1990s
You may also want to watch:
Many of the works shown have not been displayed previously at the Fry Gallery, such as linocuts from Rothenstein's Sailing Boats Suite and Moons' portfolio of 1972.
The Fry Gallery is open on Saturdays from 11am until 5pm, on Sundays from 2.15pm until 5pm and on Tuesdays, Fridays and Bank Holidays from 2pm to 5pm. Entrance is free.
- 1 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 2 Anti flooding solutions being created for outside Newport
- 3 Widespread flooding leads to busiest day for Essex firefighters
- 4 Rape victim urges others to be brave and tell Essex Police
- 5 Residents, the RAF and Stansted Airport react to sonic boom
- 6 Man dies in 'unexplained' house fire
- 7 Fire Service door to door visits after fatal fire
- 8 What it was like travelling abroad during Covid
- 9 MasterChef winner Chef Webb's lockdown recipe
- 10 Essex County Council to discuss council tax increase of up to £40