Printmaker Michael Rothenstein exhibits work at Saffron Walden gallery
MANY new works will be appearing for the first time at the Fry Art Gallery s autumn exhibition. The gallery on Castle Street, Saffron Walden, will be exhibiting work by printmaker Michael Rothenstein until Sunday October 25. The selling exhibition, entitl
MANY new works will be appearing for the first time at the Fry Art Gallery's autumn exhibition.
The gallery on Castle Street, Saffron Walden, will be exhibiting work by printmaker Michael Rothenstein until Sunday October 25.
The selling exhibition, entitled Four Decades of Printmaking, features some forty woodcuts, linocuts and screenprints, both framed and unframed.
Encompassing four decades in the career of this well-known and innovative printmaker, the works displayed range from the early linocuts of the 1950s to the bolder, colourful woodcuts of the early 1990s
You may also want to watch:
Many of the works shown have not been displayed previously at the Fry Gallery, such as linocuts from Rothenstein's Sailing Boats Suite and Moons' portfolio of 1972.
The Fry Gallery is open on Saturdays from 11am until 5pm, on Sundays from 2.15pm until 5pm and on Tuesdays, Fridays and Bank Holidays from 2pm to 5pm. Entrance is free.
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 4 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 5 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 6 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 9 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Pets' Corner: Ben Fogle's plea over Bonfire Night