Printmaker Michael Rothenstein exhibits work at Saffron Walden gallery
MANY new works will be appearing for the first time at the Fry Art Gallery s autumn exhibition. The gallery on Castle Street, Saffron Walden, will be exhibiting work by printmaker Michael Rothenstein until Sunday October 25. The selling exhibition, entitl
MANY new works will be appearing for the first time at the Fry Art Gallery's autumn exhibition.
The gallery on Castle Street, Saffron Walden, will be exhibiting work by printmaker Michael Rothenstein until Sunday October 25.
The selling exhibition, entitled Four Decades of Printmaking, features some forty woodcuts, linocuts and screenprints, both framed and unframed.
Encompassing four decades in the career of this well-known and innovative printmaker, the works displayed range from the early linocuts of the 1950s to the bolder, colourful woodcuts of the early 1990s
You may also want to watch:
Many of the works shown have not been displayed previously at the Fry Gallery, such as linocuts from Rothenstein's Sailing Boats Suite and Moons' portfolio of 1972.
The Fry Gallery is open on Saturdays from 11am until 5pm, on Sundays from 2.15pm until 5pm and on Tuesdays, Fridays and Bank Holidays from 2pm to 5pm. Entrance is free.
- 1 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 2 Essex BMX star wins Olympic gold
- 3 Affinity Water to resume water softening in Saffron Walden
- 4 Beth Shriever talks Tokyo: 'I'm proof that you can make it'
- 5 Ipswich man charged in connection with Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 7 Uttlesford action against speeding and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 9 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 10 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge