Printmaker Michael Rothenstein exhibits work at Saffron Walden gallery
MANY new works will be appearing for the first time at the Fry Art Gallery s autumn exhibition. The gallery on Castle Street, Saffron Walden, will be exhibiting work by printmaker Michael Rothenstein until Sunday October 25. The selling exhibition, entitl
MANY new works will be appearing for the first time at the Fry Art Gallery's autumn exhibition.
The gallery on Castle Street, Saffron Walden, will be exhibiting work by printmaker Michael Rothenstein until Sunday October 25.
The selling exhibition, entitled Four Decades of Printmaking, features some forty woodcuts, linocuts and screenprints, both framed and unframed.
Encompassing four decades in the career of this well-known and innovative printmaker, the works displayed range from the early linocuts of the 1950s to the bolder, colourful woodcuts of the early 1990s
You may also want to watch:
Many of the works shown have not been displayed previously at the Fry Gallery, such as linocuts from Rothenstein's Sailing Boats Suite and Moons' portfolio of 1972.
The Fry Gallery is open on Saturdays from 11am until 5pm, on Sundays from 2.15pm until 5pm and on Tuesdays, Fridays and Bank Holidays from 2pm to 5pm. Entrance is free.
- 1 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 2 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 3 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 4 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 5 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 6 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 7 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 8 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 9 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 10 Firefighters rescue woman after town centre collision