Progress supports Bartlow Three Counties Charity Walk taking place on Sunday (May 6)
THE ninth annual Bartlow Three Counties Charity Walk takes place on Sunday May 6.
This year the event will support the Addenbrooke’s Dementia and Delirium Unit, Linton Health Centre and the restoration of Bartlow’s historic St Mary’s Church.
In 2011, almost 500 walkers joined more businesses than ever before to raise a total of over �10,000 - this year organisers hope to see 750 walkers and raise �15,000.
Progress, part of Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, is supporting the event. Progress (01223 200580/progresshealth.co.uk), the Cambridge Centre for Health and Performance, will be providing free mini health checks at the event for participants over 18 years of age either before or after their walk.
Event organiser Graham Howat said: We are delighted to welcome Progress as our principal sponsor this year as it so exactly embodies the health and sporting ethos we have developed around the walk and is so complimentary to the charitable causes we support.
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Hudson, marketing executive at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, said: “We are very pleased to be supporting The Bartlow Three Counties Walk as it gives Progress a further opportunity to become involved with the community.”
Participants can take part in 13.5, 9 or 5 mile routes, and there is a junior nature trail for the under 10s.
- 1 Affinity Water: No compensation for customers in water softening row
- 2 Walden pub reopens after four years
- 3 Boy George and Culture Club announce Audley End concert
- 4 Maisie the schnoodle returns to care home after year of 'fur'-lough
- 5 Bar staff smash £1,000 target in charity challenge
- 6 Your opinion matters: Help to shape the future of your newspaper
- 7 Coronavirus one year on: Stansted suffers 95% drop in passengers
- 8 Standing for election for a seat on Essex County Council on May 6, 2021
- 9 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 10 Saffron Striders doing their bit for charity as racing returns
Minimum sponsorship for the main walk is �10 per adult, �5 per child or �25 per family. For the junior nature trail, it is �5 per head (under 3s are free).
Food and drinks are available at the start and finish, with water en-route. Car parking is available and dogs are welcome. After the walk, there will be a raffle draw, drinks and entertainment onsite.
• For further information on the Bartlow Walk or to get involved visit: bartlow.org.uk or call Graham Howat on 01223 891732.