Progress supports Bartlow Three Counties Charity Walk taking place on Sunday (May 6)
THE ninth annual Bartlow Three Counties Charity Walk takes place on Sunday May 6.
This year the event will support the Addenbrooke’s Dementia and Delirium Unit, Linton Health Centre and the restoration of Bartlow’s historic St Mary’s Church.
In 2011, almost 500 walkers joined more businesses than ever before to raise a total of over �10,000 - this year organisers hope to see 750 walkers and raise �15,000.
Progress, part of Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, is supporting the event. Progress (01223 200580/progresshealth.co.uk), the Cambridge Centre for Health and Performance, will be providing free mini health checks at the event for participants over 18 years of age either before or after their walk.
Event organiser Graham Howat said: We are delighted to welcome Progress as our principal sponsor this year as it so exactly embodies the health and sporting ethos we have developed around the walk and is so complimentary to the charitable causes we support.
You may also want to watch:
Sophie Hudson, marketing executive at Spire Cambridge Lea Hospital, said: “We are very pleased to be supporting The Bartlow Three Counties Walk as it gives Progress a further opportunity to become involved with the community.”
Participants can take part in 13.5, 9 or 5 mile routes, and there is a junior nature trail for the under 10s.
- 1 Uttlesford faces 'house building assault', says leader
- 2 Town council welcomes Affinity Water U-turn as supplier announces surcharge
- 3 Essex's Ben Maher takes Tokyo 2020 gold
- 4 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 5 Ipswich man to face trial for Braintree car theft and Cheshunt rail incident
- 6 Creamfields announces new electronic music festival for Chelmsford, Essex, in 2022
- 7 Saffron Walden Town off to winning start with victory at Sawbridgeworth
- 8 In pictures: Fun raises community support cash
- 9 How one business is encouraging pet owners to go plastic free
- 10 WaldenTRI come together to produce a strong showing at Bedford Team Relays
Minimum sponsorship for the main walk is �10 per adult, �5 per child or �25 per family. For the junior nature trail, it is �5 per head (under 3s are free).
Food and drinks are available at the start and finish, with water en-route. Car parking is available and dogs are welcome. After the walk, there will be a raffle draw, drinks and entertainment onsite.
• For further information on the Bartlow Walk or to get involved visit: bartlow.org.uk or call Graham Howat on 01223 891732.