Psychics help in search for dog
FROM animal psychics to night-vision goggles and aerial surveillance, one family has gone to extraordinary lengths to find their missing dog. Rare pooch Jacob disappeared more than two weeks ago and owners, Jon and Shelley Haggerwood from Littlebury Green
FROM animal psychics to night-vision goggles and aerial surveillance, one family has gone to extraordinary lengths to find their missing dog.
Rare pooch Jacob disappeared more than two weeks ago and owners, Jon and Shelley Haggerwood from Littlebury Green, have stopped at nothing to bring him home.
"We were putting up posters at Audley End Airfield when a pilot stopped us and said he would take us up," said Mr Haggerwood. "We searched from the air for about 10 minutes, but with no luck."
Spurred on by the airborne search and determined to keep an open mind, the couple turned to an animal psychic. Although a little sceptical of the idea, Mr Haggerwood said that the animal communicator claimed to have spoken with Jacob who was "ok and trying to make his way back home".
After little success with the medium, the Haggerwoods left the spirit world and purchased a set of night-vision goggles. The �200 piece of equipment enabled the couple to continue their searches late into the night, but with such a wide area to cover the odds have been against them.
"We are desperate to get him back," said Mr Haggerwood, a self employed landscape gardener. "I haven't worked because I've been out searching for him everyday - sometimes until 4am. So far it has probably cost us about �1500 trying to find him, but if we do it will all be worth it."
- 1 Toaster joy: Radwinter Repair Cafe to the rescue
- 2 The Silver Wolf, highest Scouting honour, for Neville Wilson
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 4 inspirational women are celebrated in Newport
- 5 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 6 Hands-on archaeology, beacons and picnics: Platinum Jubilee
- 7 Obituary: On-call firefighter dedicated life to community
- 8 Free lunch, free fun and circus for Queen's Platinum Jubilee
- 9 Silent auction, live music, collection: Ukraine support
- 10 Home county tenant exodus drives up London rents
Orange and white Bracco Italiano Jacob went missing when Mr Haggerwood was taking him for a walk, with their three other dogs, near their home.
After putting up hundreds of posters, delivering stacks of leaflets and organising 20-strong search parties to go out every day, there have been three possible sightings of Jacob - at Audley End, Thaxted Water Tower and Debden.
The Haggerwoods are now in talks with a professional animal tracker and are also investigating the possibility of using bloodhounds to follow the missing dog's scent.
Jacob was last seen in Debden at 2pm on Saturday. Anyone who thinks they have seen this dog should contact the Haggerwoods on 07828 671550.