Psychics help in search for dog
FROM animal psychics to night-vision goggles and aerial surveillance, one family has gone to extraordinary lengths to find their missing dog. Rare pooch Jacob disappeared more than two weeks ago and owners, Jon and Shelley Haggerwood from Littlebury Green
FROM animal psychics to night-vision goggles and aerial surveillance, one family has gone to extraordinary lengths to find their missing dog.
Rare pooch Jacob disappeared more than two weeks ago and owners, Jon and Shelley Haggerwood from Littlebury Green, have stopped at nothing to bring him home.
"We were putting up posters at Audley End Airfield when a pilot stopped us and said he would take us up," said Mr Haggerwood. "We searched from the air for about 10 minutes, but with no luck."
Spurred on by the airborne search and determined to keep an open mind, the couple turned to an animal psychic. Although a little sceptical of the idea, Mr Haggerwood said that the animal communicator claimed to have spoken with Jacob who was "ok and trying to make his way back home".
After little success with the medium, the Haggerwoods left the spirit world and purchased a set of night-vision goggles. The �200 piece of equipment enabled the couple to continue their searches late into the night, but with such a wide area to cover the odds have been against them.
"We are desperate to get him back," said Mr Haggerwood, a self employed landscape gardener. "I haven't worked because I've been out searching for him everyday - sometimes until 4am. So far it has probably cost us about �1500 trying to find him, but if we do it will all be worth it."
- 1 Family tribute to much-loved mum and grandma who died during Thaxted fire
- 2 District council: Free car parking between Christmas and January 3
- 3 Thaxted businesses meet Kemi Badenoch MP to talk about Small Business Saturday
- 4 More jab capacity planned in North Uttlesford as Omicron variant appears
- 5 Stansted's Mountfitchet House has 'bush tucker trials'
- 6 Q&A: Alan Hawkes of Rotary in Saffron Walden
- 7 Thaxted community in shock after fatal house fire
- 8 Linton has festive fun lined up at annual Christmas market
- 9 Astronomy: What to look for in the Essex sky in December
- 10 'Many questions' claim as Uttlesford leader John Lodge announces resignation
Orange and white Bracco Italiano Jacob went missing when Mr Haggerwood was taking him for a walk, with their three other dogs, near their home.
After putting up hundreds of posters, delivering stacks of leaflets and organising 20-strong search parties to go out every day, there have been three possible sightings of Jacob - at Audley End, Thaxted Water Tower and Debden.
The Haggerwoods are now in talks with a professional animal tracker and are also investigating the possibility of using bloodhounds to follow the missing dog's scent.
Jacob was last seen in Debden at 2pm on Saturday. Anyone who thinks they have seen this dog should contact the Haggerwoods on 07828 671550.