Pub landlord could face eviction
A LICENSEE could face eviction after his pub kitchen was branded a public health risk by inspectors. Nicholas Marchetto of the Rose & Crown in Mill End, Thaxted, is now facing action from pub company Greene King. Operations director for Greene King Leased
A LICENSEE could face eviction after his pub kitchen was branded a public health risk by inspectors.
Nicholas Marchetto of the Rose & Crown in Mill End, Thaxted, is now facing action from pub company Greene King.
Operations director for Greene King Leased and Tenanted Pubs, Steve Worrall, said: "Mr Marchetto is not an employee of Greene King but a self-employed licensee of the Rose & Crown in Thaxted. He is therefore entirely responsible for the operating standards within the business.
"Following the prosecution of Mr Marchetto we will be instigating proceedings against him and these are in the initial stages.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to reiterate that Greene King does not tolerate these standards in any of their leased and tenanted pubs and can assure customers that everything in our power will be done to ensure this does not happen again."
Mr Marchetto was fined �1000 in March for breaking hygiene regulations. He did not wish to comment on the matter.
- 1 Housing sites sought by Uttlesford District Council
- 2 Care home residents and staff receive Covid-19 vaccine
- 3 Town council backs new support club
- 4 Jack Petchey Foundation achievement awards for three Saffron Walden students
- 5 Stop Stansted Expansion accused of leading council 'over the cliff'
- 6 Families take part in Gain the Miles challenge
- 7 Sam Smith to headline charity festival fundraising to fight food poverty
- 8 Two Covid swab kit sites open in Uttlesford
- 9 Covid survival rates in Essex are among worst in country
- 10 Laptops, iPads and Chromebooks being sent to let children learn remotely