Pub landlord could face eviction
A LICENSEE could face eviction after his pub kitchen was branded a public health risk by inspectors. Nicholas Marchetto of the Rose & Crown in Mill End, Thaxted, is now facing action from pub company Greene King. Operations director for Greene King Leased
A LICENSEE could face eviction after his pub kitchen was branded a public health risk by inspectors.
Nicholas Marchetto of the Rose & Crown in Mill End, Thaxted, is now facing action from pub company Greene King.
Operations director for Greene King Leased and Tenanted Pubs, Steve Worrall, said: "Mr Marchetto is not an employee of Greene King but a self-employed licensee of the Rose & Crown in Thaxted. He is therefore entirely responsible for the operating standards within the business.
"Following the prosecution of Mr Marchetto we will be instigating proceedings against him and these are in the initial stages.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to reiterate that Greene King does not tolerate these standards in any of their leased and tenanted pubs and can assure customers that everything in our power will be done to ensure this does not happen again."
Mr Marchetto was fined �1000 in March for breaking hygiene regulations. He did not wish to comment on the matter.
- 1 Things to do on the May Bank Holiday weekend: Essex gardens are open
- 2 Back to the drawing board for Radwinter Road retirement homes
- 3 Stop Stansted Expansion campaign group to rebrand
- 4 Houses in pub garden refused on appeal but similar application pending
- 5 New Market Row deli will inspire community spirit, says mayor
- 6 New pub opens: 'We had almost the whole village, and the one nearby'
- 7 Survey reveals Uttlesford fears of fourth national Covid lockdown
- 8 No end of the line in sight for Audley End CrossCountry cancellations
- 9 Application refused for 100 homes on former Friends School site
- 10 Town council challenges water softening decision