Pub landlord could face eviction
A LICENSEE could face eviction after his pub kitchen was branded a public health risk by inspectors. Nicholas Marchetto of the Rose & Crown in Mill End, Thaxted, is now facing action from pub company Greene King. Operations director for Greene King Leased
A LICENSEE could face eviction after his pub kitchen was branded a public health risk by inspectors.
Nicholas Marchetto of the Rose & Crown in Mill End, Thaxted, is now facing action from pub company Greene King.
Operations director for Greene King Leased and Tenanted Pubs, Steve Worrall, said: "Mr Marchetto is not an employee of Greene King but a self-employed licensee of the Rose & Crown in Thaxted. He is therefore entirely responsible for the operating standards within the business.
"Following the prosecution of Mr Marchetto we will be instigating proceedings against him and these are in the initial stages.
You may also want to watch:
"We would like to reiterate that Greene King does not tolerate these standards in any of their leased and tenanted pubs and can assure customers that everything in our power will be done to ensure this does not happen again."
Mr Marchetto was fined �1000 in March for breaking hygiene regulations. He did not wish to comment on the matter.
- 1 Essex village celebrates 1,000 years of memories with new archive
- 2 Venue change for Ibiza Anthems Garden Party to Saffron Walden
- 3 Spurs partnership with Walden clubs is a first in UK
- 4 In pictures: Saffron Walden's weekend of flooding
- 5 This week's paper: Saffron Walden Reporter on July 29, 2021
- 6 In pictures: Classic cars rally to celebrate the Royal British Legion at 100
- 7 Cows rescued after A120 collision
- 8 Updates after person hit by train near Cambridge
- 9 Hailstones 'the size of golf balls' batter gardens in Essex
- 10 £7.5 million cash package sought for new A120 business park