Pub to host 19-day international beer festival
BEER enthusiasts will be able to enjoy 30 cask-conditioned beers from the UK and overseas during a 19-day festival at a Saffron Walden pub.
The overseas beers on offer at The Temeraire in High Street have been sourced from brewers in Russia, South Africa, Norway, USA and Belgium.
The festival will also feature beers from across the UK, including speciality beers (ingredients include honey, loganberries, grapefruit, treacle and chocolate), as well as beers brewed exclusively for the pub.
It will run from Wednesday March 14 until Sunday April 1 inclusive, with all beers priced at �2.20 a pint.
The overseas beers on sale are; Imperial Russian Stout (Burov Brewery, Russia), Murrikan Mild (Smuttynose Brewery, USA), Blonde (Zululand Brewery, South Africa), Bitter (Nogne O Brewery, Norway) and Pale Ale (John Martin’s Brewery, Belgium).
You may also want to watch:
The UK beers will include; Pirates Gold (Wooden Hand), Sunbeam (Banks’s), Two Hoots (Holts),
Spring Cottage Biscuit (Newmans), Snake Slayer Stout (Elgoods), Willy’s Wheatbeer (Spinghead), King Goblin (Wychwood) and Monkey Wrench (Daleside).
- 1 Walden fire: Resident has died
- 2 Revealed: why some Uttlesford car park machines no longer take cash
- 3 Walden war historian on the inspiration behind his latest book
- 4 Emergency funding for Essex care homes amid 'acute' staff shortages
- 5 Affinity in hot water with residents after sediment build-up in homes
- 6 First birthday celebrations for Railway Arms in community ownership
- 7 Official opening held for new air ambulance base
- 8 Award-winning jazz singer Clare Teal and her sextet to play concert at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 9 County council promises arts boost for Essex
- 10 Walden's Crocus Medical Practice opens within community hospital
In addition the pub will be serving up to ten traditional draught ciders, including Fanny’s Bramble (Sandford Orchards), The Governor (Westons) and Boxing Dog (Mr Whiteheads Cider).
Pub manager Mel Melia said: “The festival will give people the opportunity to enjoy a superb selection of UK and international beers.
“We will be serving real ales from Russia and Norway for the first time.
“Many of the beers on offer have not been available in the pub beforehand and I am looking forward to serving them.
“The festival promises to be great fun and I am certain that customers at The Temeraire will enjoy themselves.”
Customers will be able to sample any three of the real ales in special third-of-a-pint glasses for the price of a pint.
Tasting notes on all of the beers will be available in the pub.